I Think I Got a Bargain!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the 3M face jobby....

9596900s.eps_large.jpg

at a bootfair last year for £2....

I use it for the eye and face protection at the moment...the filters are ten times what I paid for the darn mask! I am on the lookout for some filters now! Trouble is...if you are creating fine dust...when you breath in the little vinyl pads open and the dust shoots up yer nose!!

Good bargain mate...I can't wait until this weekend...I am having withdrawal symptoms!

Jim

jimi43":1ktmc6vs said:
when you breath in the little vinyl pads open and the dust shoots up yer nose!!

It can't be set up right, those little flaps are called Mushroom valves. To test its working properly do a face fit by getting it nice and tight to your face, then place your hands over the exhalation port which is the bit on the front between the two filters and blow out, hopefully the mask should inflate a bit on your face and if your blowing hard enough vent around the seal. Then take off the filters and place your hands over the intake ports and suck in, it should suck onto your face. This is the test we do in the Fire Service to check the integrity of our Breathing Apparatus face masks. If its not doing this properly then chuck it if you can't fix it. Are you sure its not dust already in the mask when you put it on your breathing in?

Ah Chems...I don't think you read my post completely. It came without the filters and so there are just holes at the front. I use if as a face mask to protect my face from flying objects.

Had filters been fitted I would not have expected dust to come in of course. :wink:

I might buy some filters sometime...at a bootfair :D

Jim

Back