I need some help finding a part for my plane. Can you help?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My father was at the local flea market last weekend and found a Record 4 1/2plane that was sitting on a table. After a little bit of negotiating I believe he paid $13 for it (darn good deal I 'd say). After a little bit of elbow grease performed by him, the plane has tuned out very nice. One small problem though. He is missing the one small screw that holds the base of the tote secure to the plane body. He measured the threads with his gauge and told me it is 20 tpi (threads per inch). If anyone could possibly help me out in locating one of these screws my father and I would truly appreciate it. Maybe one of you has extra parts like this around and is willing to sell the screw to me or maybe someone can direct me to where I can find one of these screws. I am sure I could go to the local Brafasco and get something that would work but I would like to find the original (or something very close) just to make it look right. I believe the screw is a round headed slot style. I am not sure if the stanley screws will fit but I am willing to bet they do. Here are some pictures of the plane. The pics that are close-ups of the tote show the screw that is needed. I realize this is no Lie Nielson but for $13 it is certainly worth a little TLC. All that is left is to sharpen the cutter and this plane will work beautifully i'm sure (oh, and we still need that screw). The screw is a 12-20tpi. I hope someone can help.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

Back