I Found A Timber Merchant In Manchester...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG

Established Member
Reaction score
God only knows how many times I've driven passed this place and never noticed the signs! I called in one the way to work on Tuesday, they're open at 7.30am so if I get there early enough, I can have a mouch and still be in work on time. I needed some sheet plywood for cupboards I have planned in the workshop [ Seperate thread ] and didn't want to keep paying Wickes or B&Q prices. I bought three 4' x 2' 3/4" sheets in Wickes last week for my bench, £13.00 each. £40 for an 8' x 4' sheet, but no cutting service, so no savings to be had on a sheet price.

Calling in to Theos, a sheet of 3/4" exterior hardwood ply £25.00 excluding vat, with a £1.00 per cut charge. They don't cut timber on site, but have it sent off! So I bought six sheets asking for it to be cut
straight down the centre, that way I could pick twelve 8' x 2' sheets up over a couple of mornings. No problem they said, but if you want we'll drop it off before you leave for work, no charge! 8.30am Wednesday morning a flatback turns up with all 12 sheets and three 16' lengths of Redwood.

Didn't have to much time on Tuesday to see or ask about everything they do, and I even forgot to ask for a price list, if they one. But they also stock Oak, Maple and several other types of Veneer.
So for anyone in or around Manchester:

Theos Timber
Bridge Works
Dantzic Street
M4 4NL

The lad I dealt with is called Steve, on: 0161 834 6789

Back