I did a big mistake

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May not help much in this scenario but the usual approach is slosh some oil on cotton wool/cloth/kitchen roll etc and wipe away. I'd be inclined to stick a dowel in your drill, wind some cotton cloth around it (making sure you wind in the direction that won't let it unwind in the hole), put plenty of olive oil on it and then use a slow speed and some pressure against the edges of the hole.
I did exactly as you advised. Some holes are now working better and some have still issues, but maybe after repeating the procedure a few times, it will sort out.

Saturday morning, like 4am, my wife and daughter were both woken by a repetitive treble bleep coming from beyond our house. Hours later, and with the help of a passing family, I discovered the three mains powered smoke alarms I had that day replaced in my bin. I had not thought to take the back up batteries out of them.
That same thing happened here in our mobile home park. Somebody tossed a smoke alarm in the dumpster and it started beeping. It drove my wife nuts so I finally had to go fishing around in the bin until I found it and did a smash job on it. It had a wired battery in it. No telling how long it might have gone on if I had not disabled it.

Back