I cant believe how hard it is...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can recommend British Hardwoods, I've bought online..... oak,ash and walnut all been very good..

Davon

phil.p":1arlg15u said:
Five year old post. You might have difficulty dealing with Boddy's now. They went through.

I know. I found them to be unhelpful and a bit pricey. Shame they're gone, though.

I've just discovered a local sawmill (about 2 miles away, I had no idea) that looks like it could be great for sawn native hardwoods. If you can do your own prep and can wait plan ahead to allow for drying time, It might be worth contacting local firewood suppliers or tree surgeons as either of those might know of a small scale local mill.

thecoder":3say3rjl said:
To find someone in my area that supply hardwoods....tried all of the following...Jewsons...Travis Perkins...Howarth timbers...and the big sheds as a last resort....

Im in the Pontefract area of West Yorkshire...any ideas anyone local to me

Dave

One of the local branches of Howarths stocks hardwoods (I want to say Wakefield... But I forget), but it's just a speciality of that branch and the manager there so the range is limited and the rest of the group generally doesn't do them.

Jelly":eyl4eyof said:
One of the local branches of Howarths stocks hardwoods (I want to say Wakefield... But I forget), but it's just a speciality of that branch and the manager there so the range is limited and the rest of the group generally doesn't do them.

Howarth's in Thorne [my local] often have a plank or two of Oak leaned against the wall.

Last time I wanted a lump of oak for a mantle over a wood stove I was fitting, I had to go over to West Yorkshire, a bit north of Wakefield to get it, but they cut a piece while I waited. No problem. :D

We don't have to go but a few miles to enter Yorkshire, mind you the chap I was working for was from that way on. :roll:

Latest posts

Back