How to store treated timber gravel boards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I have had delivered 16 of 3600x100x22 treated timber gravel boards and in due course each will be cut into 3 sections
That will be in a month or so - they will be stored out in the weather should I store them flat or on their side to stop them going all wibbly wobbly?
Whats the opinion?

Off the ground. Stickered. Weights on top or ratchet straps that you check and tighten as needed. Covered with sheets of roofing metal or plywood and tarps out so air can circulate through the pile and keep the sun off.

Pete

When you come to use them in a month, which would be more detrimental to their final condition (or more difficult to correct if it did occur) - a wibble or a wobble?

Store them so as to minimise the one you do not want.

After due consideration I've come to the conclusion that a wobble could affect your vision if the oscillations were in synch with fluorescent lighting and to avoid that possibility they would need to be mounted in counter (or reverse) oscillation mode so there is no possibility of a harmonic with the lighting.
A wibble doesn't cause any concern and can be ignored.
Storage must therefore involve double wrapping with clingfilm or better still as suggested by Colin - thanks

Back