How to clean my hands - Stupid boy!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyW

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been renovating a garden bench. Decided that a coat of mahogany stain would make it look better. Applied the stain with a cloth without protecting my hands - result nice mahogany fingers :oops:

Anyone got a good cleaning solution - without removing layers of skin :D

Cheers :D
Tony

At work, I quite often use Optical Acetone (similar to nail varnish remover) to remove stains from the tints that we use, that might work, but it will initially dry your hands out and you'll need to rinse thoroughly afterwards.

Byron, have just used the last of SWMBO nail varnish remover and a good dollop of her moisturiser - hope she doesn't notice :). Has helped a bit

Thanks
Tony

I have found that a pumice stone cleans most things off your hands. I even managed to get rid of some Polyurethane glue off them that way too. I always have a stone in the bathroom just in case. :wink:

Something that works for HP inkjet printer ink, washing your hair. :shock:
I am not sure why, just trying shampoo hardly moves the ink but having a shower and washing my hair got most of it off.
Now I know that for some of you there is a problem, no I cannot supply more hair if you have mislaid your own. :wink:

I use 'Ambersil Tough Wipes' which are like industiral Jay Cloths that are moistened and have a textured surface designed to remove paint and the like from hands without the scouring and scraping.

They were introduced to me from a local bearing supplier. Might not help you today, but might be worth getting in, in the future!

try this
get a generous dollop of vaseline and rub well in
now get a pair of those latex gloves and leave them on your hands for about 1/2 an hour
you can carry on working if you like :shock:
remove the gloves after the given time
and wash well with water and soap
works for me
next time try and remember to put the gloves on first :lol:
HTH
mel

Thanks for the replies - I will try them all in due course.

Will remember to wear my marigolds next time :D

Cheers :D
Tony

Back