How much are scaffold boards?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what I should be paying for new standard 3.9m scaffold boards please?

Mark

Thanks. I live in Surrey which is probably why I'm getting quoted £17 to £18.

Mark

If you have a trade account, or access to one, The trade price and bulk or multi buys are cheaper.
Also the grading quality makes a price difference.
Regards Rodders

Tried ebay, nothing close enough to be worthwhile. I only need a couple at the moment and don't have a trade account. All the places I checked only had one grade, all were normal builders/timber merchants, is there something specific I should be asking for grade wise.

Mark

IIRC,225 X 38MM Scaffold boards are mainly western white spruce, stress graded and end banded showing the bs number for a usable board, which would be a grade "A"
THERE ARE 65MM scaffold boards, but not for £14.00!
There are 225 xMM scaffold boards available, I hear, that have failed the BS stress grading and are sold, off cheaper.
Should you be a scaffold furniture builder, these are sold, I believe, without the end banding,
And what you would be after.
I would Google reject scaffold boards, or some similar title, and see what may appear.
HTH, Regards Rodders

Thanks
I'm after standard 225x38, and I want to stand on them so want end banded boards stress tested stuff
I'm not a builder but do lots of DIY. I've had a couple for the best part of 12 years that I no longer trust to stand on due to rot. They live outside and I think its about time to replace. But everywhere seems expensive.
Thanks
Mark

Thinking about it, when you see the price of timber in general, £14.00 is not too bad for a stress graded, banded board,
But not too good when you need several, I guess.
The only other suggestion would be to ask about and see if some local scaffolding bloke would sell a couple to you, trade. Regards Rodders

Get your scaffold boards whilst you can, as in my area they are slowly being phased out by metal boards. The H & S guys in the major contractors are going to have a big influence by insisting, eventually, for using metal boards only.
Slinger

Latest posts

Back