How hot was your workshop today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickT

Established Member
Reaction score
I had to give up at about 2:00pm when the temp hit 32C

The sweat was starting to get into my eyes and my fingers felt as big as bananas.

Went and did something else till 6:30pm when it cooled down to 26C

Mind you a metal roof and all the doors shut (neighbours) doesn't help

Rick...

Apparently 40.4°C (104.7°F) - needless to say I wasn't in there at the time. At the moment all my workshop time is before breakfast while it's still bearable.

Cheers, Alf

i got a tiled roof on my workshop so its cooler than any part of my house. after being sat out my back for a while it was like walking into a big fridge, probably going to be freezing in the winter though

No idea of the temperature but it sure was hot! I had the same problem with sweat in my eyes. Good job I had a few beers. :lol:

I think that when I drank water, I sweated it out straight away.....

If this keeps up for a few days I will get used to it, it's just the first very hot day of the year here.

Rick...

Mine gets up to about 30 deg C ish - maybe a little more. I just open the the door and windows to get a thru' draft, turn off the dehumidifier and ambient air cleaner and after a while its about workable, tho' still a bit warm - Rob

My problem is that next door is very close (2M) to my workshop/garage, and when I'm thicknessing or using the table saw I close all the doors and windows to keep the noise down.

I'd rather keep the peace and suffer a little than get into a war. Esp as he is on the parish council and is red hot on planning issues.

Ah well I suppose we must suffer a little for our art .

Rick...

Rick,
On a suitable roof solar reflective roof paint may help to reduce the heat

Andy

I think that's probaly the way to go, currently, the roof is almost white, it was a very light grey to start, but it's now faded almost white.

I think I will have to bite the bullet and do some serious insulation this year, as it's freezing in winter and boiling in summer.

Oh well, more money going out.

Rick...

I've been over 5 weeks absent from my workshop, and have now set up an artist easel on the shaded side of the outside wall :wink:

its about 75 in mine - all right for most things but I need to PT a whole bunch of oak - currently 2m long and about 180 x 65. Heavy work indeed.

Still better than the guys digging the footings for our new extension - 1 m down into clay and rock. :shock:

Cheers

Tim

My new workshop was 29 max yesterday. I have one of those combined thermometer/relative moisture gauges and it records max/min readings, too.
It certainly was warm-I have a fan set up by the window to keep things moving.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":3nl9xni4 said:
My new workshop was 29 max yesterday. I have one of those combined thermometer/relative moisture gauges and it records max/min readings, too.
It certainly was warm-I have a fan set up by the window to keep things moving.
Cheers
Philly :D

Whilst on holiday last month we did some shopping and whilst in Woolsworth, ~Austria, they were selling those clocks at under 10 Euros.

As mentioned on the forum earlier this year, prices here in the UK are above £18 and going over £25 sometimes for exactly the same timepiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34c at 1pm despite the air being replaced every 2 hours, but we have over 30 machines running at 175c 24 hours a day

Bean

This is how I dealt with the heat yesterday.
z99zyrelaxingmail3tb.jpg

Latest posts

Back