How big is your workshop/garage/shed/cupboard/doghouse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vsumouse

Reaction score
just wondering how big everyones workshops are, also the machines you have in them.

maybe you have a garage and a shed!

come on then guys, its time for you to show off.

i got a measly smaller than standard garage :oops:

Count yourself lucky!

I work above our garage in the roofspace. sloping roof down two sides so really only able to work in the middle couple of meters using the rest as storage space. The other big problem is getting machines up there as I use a loft ladder.

I've managed to squeeze in a planner/thicknesser, a bandsaw, a drill press, a lathe and a triton workcentre/router table plus a home made work bench. All are on portable so moved to the centre of the floor when in use, pushed into the side when not.

So far it has proved adequate but maybe some day I'll be able to expand..... :lol:

Paul.

Cowshed. 5m x 10m. Contains T/S, SCMS, P/T, Bandsaw, Benchtop mortiser, drill press, several grinders, metalwork lathe, benches, tool cabinet, 2 Roll Cabs with drawer chests on top, two sets of shelves filled with power tools, wood rack and a load of other stuff as well.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Double garage - 20feet * 20feet, 8 foot ceiling

Machines:
Fox 10" table saw
Ancient cast iron 24" bandsaw
Ryobi 8 1/4 inch RAS
Electra Bekum 10 * 6 P/T
Sealey pillar drill
Perform morticer
Perform disc sander
Axminster dust extractor
Home built router table

Collection of cordless and corded power tools
Rather limited collection of hand tools

Woodburner

Pics here: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... highlight=

It's all changed round now so I may post some more pics

Cheers
Mike

My workshop in in my garage. Approx 18 feet square. Would love to show you guys some pictures but can't figure out how. Don't work in the computer industry but if someone would talk me through it that would be great!

Like Paul, I work in an attic. I'm 6'5" and have 1" head room in the middle and a sharp sloping roof to the floor on each side. Floor space is 8' x 8'. I have a lathe in the centre, a grinder on one workstand and a bandsaw on another. All polishes etc are on the floor on one side and my tools are on a metal shelf behind me. Hope to get a 10X 6 shed soon which may seem small to many of you guys but sounds like heaven to me

Pete

I had 9 full equipted workshops at disposal about 1200m2 filled with lots of tools (even CNC equipment).

Now I've only 3 and if the building regs get approved I've 4 got shops!

The current 3 shops are:
- my living room (4m by 9m)
- my bedroom (using aprox 2m by 4m)
- shed (3m by 2m)

I've lots and lots of handtools, a not so great table saw, router table, work bench, drill press, lathe, various hand held power tools.

I work in a smaller than average single garage.

Got:-
tradesman lathe
12" SIP band saw
Record plainer thickesser
9" table saw
very old pillar drill
router table
Sliding miter saw
belt sander
10" disc sander
three dovetailing machines (never used)
Small band saw
And something I bet none of you have. A tumble dryer!!!

I would post pictures but the place is a real mess.

Paul

I currently work out of a tiny 4.2 x 2.5m garage (hopefully not for much longer though :D)

I have:

Axminster SBW4300 bandsaw
Axminster Extreme 4 compressor
Workbench (built around the compressor)
Axminster ADE2200 dust extractor
Jet JDP-17F pillar drill

Sitting on the floor hardly used is:

SIP oscillating spindle sander
a rubbish challenge extreme SCMS

I also have a 6 foot tall set of drawers which holds all the small stuff (router, drill, air tools, safety stuff, biscuit joiner, jigsaw, tormek stuff, small clamps and marking/measuring tools).

This is just a tester to see if this works and the size etc is right. The wife has gone out with friends taking the camera with her so this is a pic about 2 years old. Things have changed a little but it this works I'll add mort tomorrow.

ldn4yswypic.html

p111dom, upload the image somewhere else where it will allow you to post the image and not only a link to the website where it is located.

Photobucket is a good choice.

If you are posting a link then you need to enclose the link within tags. If it is an image then you use the tags.

Like I said not into computers sorry about all this. Moderator feel free to delete all the mistakes.

cabinet-1.jpg

Finally :lol: Think I have the hang of it now. If you're not all sick to the back teeth of me I take some pics tomorrow and hopefully post them correctly first time. Thank you all for your help!

Back