Hose / tubing for dust extracting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartecosse

Established Member
Reaction score
After just a couple of days I am already fed up of having to swop the 4" flexible hose from the table saw to the planer and it also has to do duty on my old union lathe as well.

I have been looking at some more of the flexible hose so I can leave them all attached and came across flexible aluminium hose which is less than half the price of the standard ones I'd been looking at.

HAs anyone used this, would it be suitable for the parts that are going to be fixed to the walls?

Any other suggestions for keeping the costs down?

Thanks

The aluminium hose is for air ducting -hvac, cooker exttact, tumble drier, bathroom ventilation etc.

It would cope with fine saw dust, but a splinter or small lump of wood is likely to split it.

I had thought about using in our tenoning machine, but decided against for these reasons.

For home use it may be ok. Maybe others have tried it?

I've used it before for dust extraction and over time it does get holes in.

I've used the aluminium stuff. Over time it distorts around where its clamped to the extraction port of a machine and the air seal just gradually becomes worse. It's also a pain to get on and off if you need to, due to the distortion. Once it's damaged its hard to reform it. Then theres the issue of punctures as described.

Probably best to get the real thing. £8.99/m or £6.99/m if you buy 10+ from where I usually buy from.

YorkshireMartin":3j9b9vcw said:
I've used the aluminium stuff. Over time it distorts around where its clamped to the extraction port of a machine and the air seal just gradually becomes worse. It's also a pain to get on and off if you need to, due to the distortion. Once it's damaged its hard to reform it. Then theres the issue of punctures as described.

Probably best to get the real thing. £8.99/m or £6.99/m if you buy 10+ from where I usually buy from.
Which is where?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GeordieStew":2bu80k8m said:
YorkshireMartin":2bu80k8m said:

Which is where?

Sorry, Yandles.

I have bought several lengths of 4" from Rutlands and have no complaints about its robustness and serviceability.

I know it's a bit of a hijack, but I'm looking for 3-5m of hose to come from my standard dust deputy cyclone.

Struggling to find decent, pliable, reasonably priced hose with 50-52mm ID.

MattRoberts":1dnnlwv8 said:
You can get 50mm waste pipe and rig up a connection. Those port sizes are indeed annoying...
I need something flexible for my hand power tools though.

GeordieStew":1kmg0f0x said:
I need something flexible for my hand power tools though.
Have a look around your local Flea Market Stalls for cheap Vacuum Cleaner hoses.

CHJ":jazbh7ki said:
I have bought several lengths of 4" from Rutlands and have no complaints about its robustness and serviceability.
I bought that as well. The 5m lengths. Very heavy duty but still flexible enough to get around a tight corner. I actually need some more now so will be placing another order for the same soon!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back