Horrific storm damage pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly not frivolous Rod.

I am just peeved that the BBC was telling me all morning that the Midlands had had it bad. That was blatantly not true. Even the local news had to parrot the same. They have now conceded that the storm didn't get up this far. It's pretty obvious - there are still the same amount of leaves on the trees as there were yesterday.
I would have thought that they would have noticed as they went to work or looked out of the window that there were no signs of the storm that they were reporting on.
Who knows what goes on in their little heads.

I've only found out what really happened on this thread.

the job I was at this morning, I left to sort another job out and the bloody echo turned up and now my friends are in the paper. I missed my moment of fame :(
Ahhhh

TT

Richard T":3vgqni1s said:
Certainly not frivolous Rod.

I am just peeved that the BBC was telling me all morning that the Midlands had had it bad. That was blatantly not true. Even the local news had to parrot the same. They have now conceded that the storm didn't get up this far. It's pretty obvious - there are still the same amount of leaves on the trees as there were yesterday.
I would have thought that they would have noticed as they went to work or looked out of the window that there were no signs of the storm that they were reporting on.
Who knows what goes on in their little heads.

I've only found out what really happened on this thread.

Lets face it Richard they really cannot win. Think of Michael Fish in 1987 when he got it oh so wrong (hammer) and now think of your part of the Midlands today. From one extreme to the other :roll:

On a sadder note whatever did or did not happen it now appears that at least 4 families are in mourning.

My congratulations go out to the emergency services who it appears did another great job and in particular the Coastguard and RNLI who despite the weather only gave up looking for that poor 14 year old boy when they had no other choice. =D>

Cheers

Mike

Seriously now, I can report that the storm was not an issue for us here at the foot of the Cambrian Mountains in Wales. I had to travel 70 miles West today and there was plenty of water in the fields around the Towy but the roads were clear. We even had some sunshine on the journey. I have to say I was very relieved. We are in no danger of flooding, but there's always the possibility of structural damage. Thankfully not this time though.

I always feel grateful for our situation when I see television pictures of peoples' flooded houses. And of course it's not just rain water that floods through their houses and over their treasured possessions. It's a lot more unpleasant than that.

K

Follow up - the BBC news has just reported that Network Rail have described the storm as worse than expected. With 4 people killed and one missing having been swept out to sea, it doesn't look like it's so trivial. Not like the last storm where 18 people died, but serious enough.

K

Hi

At the time of my post i have to say i had not heard of any serious damage and certainly not of any deaths related to the storm, and was sort of under the impression that it had never actually happened.

Had i been aware i certainly would not have made so light of the situation and i offer my appolajis for any offence caused, it certainly was not intentional.

Regards

Berns

Back