Horizontal Router Tables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmur

Reaction score
Hi there,
Just been watching a video of the MLCS Horizontal Router table and it looks really good. I want one, only trouble is it costs $189 in the states and over £300 in the UK. What a rip off! If I buy one on line from the US and have it shipped it will cost $130 to have it sent. Anyone out there have any ideas or can point me in the direction of a UK built system that works as well.
Thanks,

Peter

don't know about horizontal router tables, but the link to woodgears found me this... wow! COOL (as they say) :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 1,511
Yetty":145cylm8 said:
I saw a "Horizonal Router" project in a library book a couple of years ago. It was a very straightforward project.
Yup, made one myself. The hardest part was supporting the Router properly else it droops, and we don't want droops now do we?

Have a look for "Woodworking with the router" by Bill Hylton and Fred Matlack. The book has plans for "regular" and horizontal tables. I have built the regular router table and used it a lot. it is a great design and I'm sure the horizontal table would be just as good. The book is also a wealth of tips and information on all things router.

Have a look for "Woodworking with the router" by Bill Hylton and Fred Matlack. The book has plans for "regular" and horizontal tables. I have built the regular router table and used it a lot. it is a great design and I'm sure the horizontal table would be just as good. The book is also a wealth of tips and information on all things router.

Yes a great book if a little 'verbose'. I have built the horizontal router table but made alterations to the raising mechanism. Trouble is that after the initial job was completed it has had very little use. Incidentally I bought the Draper convertible router to use in it which has proved to be ideal.

Brian

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the reply. You may think me terribly dense but what is a "covertible" router. I am quite new to this woodworking stuff.

Peter

Back