Horizontal kitchen waste overflow

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a kitchen sink that is probably about 10-years old. It is not dissimilar to the one sold by Screwfix here:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/31398/Kit ... teel-Sink#

but has no brand on it so I don't know the manufacturer.

I need a new waste for it but what is unique is that the overflow is at the bottom of the draining board and held by a screw through the drain. It is therefore horizontal and not vertical like most.

None of the usual suspects stock a sink waste like it and new sinks like it seem to come with a waste included.

Does anyone here know a source? It would be a shame to have to scrap a perfectly good sink for the lack of a suitable waste.

Andrew

I'm not 100% sure of what you need but if you mean what I think you mean, try a caravan place (maybe on 't internet ) that supply fittings: maybe a tiny sink plug hole would do the trick.

lurker":17sxihoz said:
I'm not 100% sure of what you need but if you mean what I think you mean, try a caravan place (maybe on 't internet ) that supply fittings: maybe a tiny sink plug hole would do the trick.

It's not a plug hole. To try again with a better description:

The draining board, instead of draining into the sink has a rectangular overflow at its lowest point which should connect to the sink waste via a flexible pipe in the same way that a overflow to the side of the bowl would in a normal kitchen sink.

Andrew

Bad timing - I had one of these on a job i've been working on, but I threw the sink out earlier in the week.

Not sure where you'd buy one from - all the sinks I fit are supplied with the waste.

Cheers

Karl

jasonB":ulb1zuww said:
This what you are looking for?

Jason

Yes, looks very much like it. I will print out some of the details and compare tomorrow.

Does the Blanco site actually sell spares? It seems to list them all but I can't find a shopping basket.

Andrew

Back