Hope Pro Rotary Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood spoiler

Established Member
Reaction score
Among the items I collected from John Davis Woodturning open day 3 July apart from inspiration having watched Simon Hope perform, was the rotary sander he has brought out.

I have previously had (and failed to get on with the Sorby version).

By way of feed back, now I have had a chance to use it. I have found the new one a super tool. There is not a lot that can be said other than having got it and used it, I have got on with it really well. It is solid, Robust and easy to get spinning. It is also easy to change the whole head if you have spare arbors rather than messing around with different grit papers. It also has replaceable neoprene pads so if you wear into the pad you are just chaging the cheap bit and not the expensive arbor. The Sorby one always seemed tempermental and I did not use it as it was too much "flaff". The Hope Pro Rotary Sander came with a sample pack of abrasives, the same make as recently promoted by Richard Findley. It makes for an impressive double act. The papers cut well and on the rotary tool, they compine to offer fast effective results. The sample pack came with grit sizes down to 600. The previous AO papers I had only went to 320 so I have also noticed the improvement obtained by using the finer grades.

I think that if anyone is looking for a Rotary Sander it is well worth the pennies.

Hope this may help someone

Thanks Colin thats a real help,I too have and have abandoned the Sorby one.
will certainly give the SH one a try.
REgards Boysie
It seems theirs a Hope for everything now :lol: :lol:

boysie39":36kacvs4 said:
....It seems theirs a Hope for everything now ...

Must get gritted teeth Smily. :roll:

I too started with the Sorby, #-o the handles not bad.

CHJ":1ln4kd7j said:
boysie39":1ln4kd7j said:
....It seems theirs a Hope for everything now ...

Must get gritted teeth Smily. :roll:

I too started with the Sorby, #-o the handles not bad.

I can let you have a
spare one :twisted: :twisted:
REgards Boysie

I'm glad that others are finding the Hope sander useful.

I did a test for "Woodturning" magazine last year and I too found it miles better to handle than the Sorby.

I think it it is because there is a better handle and grip so that it does not rotate in the hand?

Regards Peter,

Back