Holzman, anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I have trouble remembering recent events, I thought that I recalled Holzmann from years ago. I put Holzmann table saw into Google and got 3 reviews from users - including one from UK Workshop from 2008. You might be able to see if anything has changed on the machines in the last 10 years

Bob, if you follow the leads that Google provide, you can read where others have found out exactly who makes the equipment. I understand that this factory makes equipment for many, many companies. I also understand that the quality of each range is agreed with the trade buyer. In other words, company A may say build to a price of £x whilst company B wants a higher quality. So, saws that might look the same could vary considerably in terms of quality of finish, hidden components etc.

It makes buying for the consumer very difficult as you don’t know these hidden factors. Price is a good clue but so is the service and returns promises from the trade supplier. Again, those Google leads do give an insight from actual consumers.

Hope this helps but I fear it may not provide the assurances you might like

I cant find any info on google except people selling brand new ones all around the world. Cant find a review at all apart from 2 x 30 second utube clips that are worthless. Google cyprus must have put the block on me.

Bob, I have sent to you an email. I haven't copied the bits and put them on the forum because I am not sure about the legalities (copyright?) of publishing quotes from other sites.

I hope the email helps

I found an almost new Holzmann metalcutting bandsaw at the scrap yard once.

The build quality was not high enough to validate paying 50 cents a kilo for it. Even though I have often wished I had such a machine.

Back