Hi there,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarthogARJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a hybrid: one wood leg, one metal leg, and the third is ceramic.
I've been a lurker, but am coming out to be able to reply at least.

And i've done an interesting analysis on air compressors that I'll post.
Hopefully will be of interest.
Alan

Hi Alan, welcome to the Forum. Any information/analysis on compressors will be an interesting read. Look forward to seeing it.:)

Ceramic, tough, stiff and smooth, but oh so brittle :ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the mad house (y)

Welcome. I think we should have a new rule that makes users explain their username. Some perhaps are perhaps obvious @baldkev (or is it an aspiration :ROFLMAO:) but others are more intriguing... Anyway enjoy the banter.

Welcome. I think we should have a new rule that makes users explain their username. Some perhaps are perhaps obvious @baldkev (or is it an aspiration :ROFLMAO:) but others are more intriguing... Anyway enjoy the banter.

I'll have you know that i own a full head of hair!!!
All the best, julie

😂 :LOL:

Welcome 😊.

Maybe mine is a bit strange for some 🤔 but I'll gladly give an explanation... as it links to a long time previous hobby (passion) of mine: Falconry.

Accipiter is Latin for the Hawk species whereas Falco is for Falcon species such as Falco perigrinus for the Peregrines...
Accipiter gentilis is for Goshawk and Accipiter nisus is for Sparrowhawk. I could give other examples. I flew hawks more than falcons, Goshawk being my raptor (bird of prey) of choice so hence Accipiter 😉 Sorry if an over long explanation 😜

Last edited:
OK - WoodchipWilbur reflects my three jobs.

1: Teacher in a boy's boarding school. When outdoor pursuiting with them, constant "Sir! Sir!" was inappropriate, as was Christian name. All teachers have two nicknames: One acceptable that everyone knows and one they hope no one finds out. Wilbur (the aviator: we share a surname) was mine and that's what I was universally called by staff and boys alike.

2 and 3: I used to earn a meagre crust making church furnishings. That all changed and I started supporting the church through the early days of Internet (I had an account before the WorldWide Web was invented and worked (albeit at third hand) with Tim Berners-Lee). Hence WoodChip - not the stuff everyone else burns!

All that's now gone in favour of carpet slippers and a shapeless cardigan.

Latest posts

Back