Hi - New member from USA looking for contact information

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbarrel50

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm a hobbyist woodworker from Western New York in the USA. I was looking into information on infill planes as I've been intrigued by their beauty. I've never used one and don't know much about them. I was looking for a shoulder plane and came across a website UKInfill with a kit for one, plus a smoother. I have been unsuccessful in contacting the maker through the web site. Is this company still in business? If so, how do I contact them? I think the planes look great and believe I could make one.
Thanks,
Chris

It was Aled who posts on this forum who started up that Co.
Don't know if the kits are still available though?

I built one of his shoulder planes a few years ago now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362180478.120585.jpg

Rod

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362180478.120585.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362180478.120585.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,602
Rod,
Great looking plane. That's what I was hoping to purchase. Does it cut as beautiful as it looks?
Does anyone know how I can contact Aled?
Thanks,
Chris

Toby,
Thanks for the link. I can't send Aled a message through his site though. Maybe its because I'm from the USA.
I appreciate your help.

Chris

Hi chris

you should be able to send Aled a private message which might get his attention

Adidat

Hi! Thanks for tracking me down!

Chris, I'm not sure as to why you've been unable to contact me via my web page, I've not received any messages through it in months so I guess that something's wrong, I'll get my mate who set up the site to have a look at it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately my little venture has hit the buffers as the increasing cost of water jet cutting made the kits unfeasable to produce at a reasonable price. However, the plane in question is pretty straightforward to make from scratch, you just need some 4mm brass sheet and a few basic hand tools. Drop me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the instruction manual which goes into detail about the making of the plane and lists the tools needed to make it.

I've not done much woodworking of my own for quite some time, but my job as a Design and Technology / Engineering teacher keeps me busy enough! One of my latest projects is making infill planes at school, here's a pic of Jim with the first prototype. Jim is a talented young man, and really got stuck in to making this plane, I just sketched some dimensions on a scrap of paper and he just got on and made a lovely little plane! I'll put together a set of drawings soon, so that I can get a whole class making this plane as part of their NVQ Engineering course.

DSC_2295.jpg

DSC_2269.jpg

One of my students - Dion Phillips - was also awarded a runner up prize in British Woodworking Magazines School Block Plane Challenge.

DSC_2303.jpg

Aled,
Thanks for the reply. Your students are lucky to have you training them. Hopefully they will keep at it. I learned from my father (a miller wright/cabinetmaker) who taught me the love of working wood. I'm a hobbyist who learns from others. I enjoy making small things, such as tables and picture frames.
I'm sorry you aren't making the kits anymore. I would have loved one. I would appreciate a copy of the plans. I have to figure out the PM feature here. I may need to post more to activate it as Marcros stated.

Thanks,
Chris

Back