Hi from Canada

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyer

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and find it very interesting. It's amazing what you guys/gals can build in small spaces.

I enjoy woodworking and have recently bought a Oneway 1640 lathe; a fine machine.

I built my own aeroplane mostly out of wood that I enjoy flying.

Flyer":vpe2bjnt said:
I am new to this forum and find it very interesting. It's amazing what you guys/gals can build in small spaces.

I enjoy woodworking and have recently bought a Oneway 1640 lathe; a fine machine.

I built my own aeroplane mostly out of wood that I enjoy flying.

Hello Flyer and welcome to the forum. We MUST see some pictures of youre handywork :wink:

Lee.

Hi Flyer, welcome to the forum! I am also Canadian but living in Oxford, UK at the moment. My brother lives in Victoria, where abouts in BC are you from?

P.S. Also looking forward to seeing pics of your work.

Chad.

Hi,

It's refreshing to hear from you guys, some Canadians too, eh?

I'll figure out how to attach photographs and you can take a peek at my little Spitfire! In fact it's called a Turner T-40A, but Spitfire will do!

For those in Canada who asked, I live about 30 miles north of Victoria on Vancouver Island.

:shock: Ray

Hi Flyer,

Welcome the forum. :D

You will find a guide to picture posting here, I would love to see your plane, do you have any work in progress pictures? :roll:

Hi(gh) Flyer. Your plane anything like this one?

n3175m_1.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Roger,

That's a nice little two place. Is it yours, and if so did you build it?

I am having some difficulty uploading pictures. How did you upload this one?

My aircraft is a two place but it has the nose gear.

Ray

Hi Ray,
Nice to see more Canadians joining this forum. Welcome.

I've learned a lot from the people on this forum and I hope you do also.

Flyer":1n6d1erj said:
That's a nice little two place. Is it yours, and if so did you build it?

Sadly, no. Just found the pic on the net as I was curious as to what your aircraft looked like. Looks nice - and quite quick? I am a flyer tho'. Flew Gnats and Hunters in the RAF in the early '70s. Then I taught hang-gliding and built my own microlight - one of the early skytrike units. These days I just do a bit of gliding.

Flyer":1n6d1erj said:
I am having some difficulty uploading pictures. How did you upload this one?

Here's a tutorial on loading pics.

http://forums.ukworkshop.co.uk/viewtopi ... post+image

Dave L wrote:
I would love to see your plane

At the risk of being picky, and coming from a family where my dad served 25 years with the Fleet Air Arm and a further 20 years with BA, 'planes' are something we woodworkers use, stuff that flies in the sky is always an aircraft or aeroplane. If I inadvertently called one a plane I got withering look from the old man such that I thought the sky was going to fall in on me - Rob

Rob,

Sorry about that:oops:, best go back to calling ships boats. :roll:

I could run courses on how to make friends and influence people. :whistle:

Latest posts

Back