Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A friend has asked what is the best way to restore the top of her oak dining table. I think it the original finish was oil but could be wrong. It is different shades of colour & I thought it may have been due to UV light. What Is the best way to proceed, cheers Tony

Do yourself a favour and post more details. You will get far more help if people know what help you need to sort Tony. Also Pictures.
As a complete amateur I'd guess you were talking about a modern OakFuurnitureland table made from various bits of oak machined together and finished with a varnish fype finish. I'd say sand it back to 480 and apply Osmo. Chances are I'd be wrong. But I might be right I don't know. Do yourself a favour and provide detail!!! 😬 That way the guys who actually know what they are doing will know where to start giving advice.

Bm101 , I thought I had attached a photo but I'm not great with that sort of thing. You are correct about the table being something like furnitureland. I will have another go at posting photos. Thanks for the advice

20210306_180948.jpg

From the picture provided, it looks pretty uniform in colour to me tbh (seen plenty worse!).
If there is no major scratches or water marks & the finish is just looking a bit dull, just giving it a couple of coats of wax would probably be the cheapest/easiest option for you.
Would need some more details before I’d be comfortable advising anything more advanced...
Hope this helps 😊

Back