Help with Trend DC400

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andycase

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been playing with this new jig. Trying out lapped dovetails. All going ok but when I fit the front and sides the dovetails are huge. Everything lines up well and the sides are nice and flush with the front, but the "sockets" for want of a better phrase are really wide. There's major gaps. Depth all ok.
Any ideas?

Ignore me. silly person. Was using the tapered pins instead of the parallel ones I should have used. Oh well will try again at the weekend!!

9fingers":yv9lxnwx said:
Have you RTFM?

Bob

:lol: :lol:

my brother went to ravensbourne uni, and the students handbook was called Ravensbourne Technical Factual Manual

adidat

Yes I have read the manual. From cover to cover. It deals with adjustments to depth of cut but not if the dovetails are too wide for the pins.
I was hoping that someone helpful with experience of using the jig might assist

OK that was a just a first check - not everyone does read the book!

It is years since I played with and then gave up on a that sort of DT jig but I do recall it was quite tricky to get right and only worked with the right cutter angle & guide bush.

Sorry I can be more help as I now use a leigh jig and that has peculiarities all of its own.

Bob

Latest posts

Back