Help with painting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatesmr2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya

Just thought i'd ask if anyone could tell me how to paint the walls for stairs.
I have always thought or been told you have to finish on a corner or you get a line, so if i am going to roller the walls scaffold plank on ladders for the top 3/4 is there an easy way to get all the way down or just try and do it as quickly as possible then do the bottom.
Only way i could think of doing it is a wall at a time do the top then finish the bottom but will be a right pain with the ladders etc in the way. Would prefer to do the top then move the ladders and planks out the way and finish the bottom.
So if someone with a little more knowledge could help out would appreciate it.

Thanks

Martin

Always paint ceiling first because if you drip or splatter its easier to fix,then I do what we call a cut in (one joint of wall were it meets the ceiling) then do the wall next top down one at a time tho....1st wall then another...

I'm still painting my own hall, stairs and landing at the moment and I've found two things particularly useful:

1) I made a small platform with two short legs and two long legs that can stand on the stairs. This enables me to position the ladder at any point on the stairs.

2) I cut in with a brush first, then rollered the top metre or so of wall all around the stairwell. Then I switched over to using an extension pole with the roller to do the middle section, and finished off the lower section with the roller hand held again.

I've found the extension pole really useful, especially for ceilings, but you need to get a good quality one with a screw-in attachment. With a cheapo push-fit extension pole, the roller can fall off, fully loaded with paint. DAMHIKT...

gatesmr2":2r5scbzj said:
Cheers Grinding mate

Just finished was hoping there was a lazy way of doing it lol

Martin

There is :Its call HLVP spray gun.I saw a guy build a house,then he masked off the windows and doors and he went at it with a spray gun....he came out white but he was done in a about 1 hour.I would have used a low presser air gun ,no overspray and no need to mask if your careful....thats the easy way.Not very professional tho.

If I lived in a house these days I would get the lady painting the lower end and I could work down from the top end and then we would meet up somewhere with wet paint.

Hows Zat?

devonwoody":1fr5nk13 said:
If I lived in a house these days I would get the lady painting the lower end and I could work down from the top end and then we would meet up somewhere with wet paint.

Hows Zat?

How do you talk one (Lady)into doing that??You must be one Good Lookin Man.I open a can of paint and everybody disappears :D

Started her off when we were young, we were both 18 and now done 53 years and we have no problems telling each what to do. :wink:

Accept I am suffering deafness in my old age.

I can beat that I tell my Honey the reason I married her is because she new everything therefore I did not have to keep up in the schooling department.The reason she married me is because her eye sight is bad....

Back