help with kitchen worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I done good then. Got 9 metres of 40mm solid walnut top for £675 t'other day (B&Q 1/2 price sale). 8)

Ike

675 stg for 9M of solid walnut top? yeah, I would've gone for that as well!!

I bet that will look beautiful after it has gradually darkened in the light, a bit like an Iroko work top would. Smothered in olive oil and slowly worked in........ahh ... perhaps we won't go there.

Even at that price I thought very hard about buying it. However a decent quality laminate wouldn't cost hugely less. But I realised that I will see it every day from now on so I might as well have what I really, really wanted!

cheers,

Ike

I didn't know they sold stuff like that in B&Q.

Yeah, Beech, Oak, Maple, Walnut, Sapele and Wenge. The Wenge was £275 for 3m but I thought it was too dark.

Ike

Glad this post has helped others out aswell as me, A Massive thank you to Argee, I printed out those instructions from your link and today took them with me to follow, The result is an awesome joint that fits like a glove and no problems with the butterfly bolts underneath either.
Thanks all for the extra advice but to anyone whose going to soon be fitting a worktop use the link on page 1, Fantastic and easy to follow.
:D :D :D :D

Back