Help with browser problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
I have installed firefox, and when i open a topic say on this site some words are in blue and double underlined. Now when I hover over that word a box pops up with a load of rubbish in it. Now I didn't have this with i chrome and I can't find any setting to stop this .....ing happenening. Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

It's a php thing unfortunately. Usually you'll only see this if you're not logged in. Once logged in, you shouldn't be getting these advert links. If you are, PM admin about it, it may be something to do with your forum account settings, I doubt it's down to FF.

I think you've got some iffy plugin installed, I don't see that behaviour with Firefox on Llinux Mint, Windows7 nor Android. Maybe remove Firefox and reinstall a version that doesn't have the plugin pre-instaledl (get it from Mozilla) or remove/disable the offending plugin using the link that nev supplied.

here we go. The following should sort you out.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/860638

and towards the bottom..

''Its a good news bad news situation, the good news is there is a cure for this unwanted headache - Simply click on the Tools button on the Firefox browser, a drag down menu appears, click on the Add-ons button/tab another menu page appears, click on extension button/tab a couple of items appear disable codecv 1.0 problem solved hurray good news - The bad news is, along with codecv 1.0 made by JustPlugIt, there is a host of other freeware that can/will cause you this same problem, you might just have one freeware program causing this problem - if youre lucky, if youre unlucky there might be two, three or four programs so you are just going to have to use trial and error to find the bad guys. ( notice I said freeware humm God forbid we actually had to paid for these things) Not all freeware are bad, some are good, here are some of the good guys leave them alone - Ant Video Downloader, DownThemAll, Java console , update service. ''

so go to
tools>add ons>extensions
find the culprit and disable or remove it.

while you are there install adblock plus
https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox
does exactly what it says on the tin. :)

Back