Help, TRITON 1400W router, collet size?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantbeat

Established Member
Reaction score
HI Guys,
this evening my router has died mid job, need to get a new one on a tight budget, had a look around & i like the look of the Triton models & the router will spend most of its time mounted in my table, can afford the 1400W which should be plenty powerful enough.

Howler im confused i almost bought it from amazon until i spotted the review saying it comes with a 1/4" collet only... but in other places it comes with 1/2" only..... does anyone know for sure?!

all my router bits are 1/2" so i need to get the right one.

any recommendation of where i should order from?

ta
G

When you click on the details for the seller on amazon, can you not call/ email them and ask which collet it comes with? The collet won't cost that much if you need to buy a separate one :)

carlb40":2q1er8dv said:
When you click on the details for the seller on amazon, can you not call/ email them and ask which collet it comes with? The collet won't cost that much if you need to buy a separate one :)
carlb40":2q1er8dv said:

been given conflicting info from amazon already. not bothered about buying from them would rather buy from somewhere that has a clue about what they are selling... hard to ring shops up at night & when at work during the day... was hoping to get something ordered tonight, as i said im in the middle of a job & cant carry on without a router.

I have the 1400w Triton in my table and it works very well. I especially like the huge movement which allows great access to the collet nut and cutter bit. The through the table fine adjustment is also a bonus. I have collet assemblies for 1/4", 8mm and 1/2". I understand there is also a 6mm and 12mm but I don't have that those. Bought mine some time ago through Amazon and it came with 1/4" and 1/2" collets.

Hi G, mine came with a half inch and a quarter inch collet,however my kit did not include the height adjustment winder,some kits do include it. I was able to get mine for £7 on a spares site. p.s very good mid range router. P

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated, ordered one from Dennis Leverett (triton tools.uk.com) today, his packages do come with the 1/2" collet & the height winder tool.... fantastic chap, offering fast & knowledgeable customer service, that IMO is worth paying the extra couple of quid.

hopefully be back up and running at the weekend.

G

Just bought a Triton from Dennis Leveret & can confirm quality of service. Less than a tenner dearer than the cheapest on Amazon (inc delivery) but answered all my emails- on Sunday!!- to clarify what actually comes with it.Very knowledgable & patient. If you're thinking about anything Triton get in touch with him- well worth it. Can't imagine how much grief he saved me

I got my Triton 1400w router from Argos. The spec said half inch collett and that is what I got. The price was only a couple of quid more than Amazon but I also used some Nectar points to it bring down to under £100.

Just to add to this, I emailed Triton support and had a 1/2 collet mailed to me for free :)

Back