HELP stupid question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xiphidius

Established Member
Reaction score
OK Newbie question..I need to remove the blade and thread it through a hole lol...my first...lol....On my Axminster scroll saw how do I remove the centre hole cover...does it just pop out from the top or does it screw out somehow..it seems very taught and I dont wish to break it
any help appreciated as always
Regards
C

You don`t need to remove the round cover to change the blades, just release the tension on the blade and undo the top blade clamp......pass the blade through the hole and then fasten the top blade clamps and re-tension it..... jobs done.

Cheers
Brian
Ps Its not a stupid question we have all been there before we sussed out how to set them up etc :cool:

Cheers Brian..as you say I sussed it in the end...once I got my head around all the tension thingymabobs etc lol (dumbass really to a fault ...I wondered why nobody else answered hahaha I could hear their tuts lol).....
Anyway after snapping a couple of blades...again my own daft clumsy blind frustrated fault I managed to scroll well cut out some almost straight lines...curves and circles following a line will as they say take some practice hahahahaha...but enjoying it that's the main thing.. it wont be the mainstay of my work but I still need to get to grips with it lol.....
Regards
C
P.S very surprised at how quiet and vibration free this saw is...a good purchase me thinks..now alls thats needed is an silly person who can do it justice lol

Dumbass Q#2...Are there different sizes of clamping blocks in regards to the thickness of the saw blades..I have a set that wont fit certain blades (maybe larger) good job they supplied me with another set whose jaws were a little wider to get a blade in...just askin lol

I only got one set of blade clamps with mine and I use all sizes upto 9's so you have been spoilt getting 2 lots.
Cutting curves is easy......cutting straight lines and keep to pattern lines takes practice but you will soon master it.
Regarding the saw being quiet and vibration free........... I TOLD YOU SO! LOL you invested in a fine machine and will last you years.

Brian

Thanks again Brian for your reply and encouraging words.
I only got one set of blade clamps with mine and I use all sizes upto 9's so you have been spoilt getting 2 lots.
I'm starting to think they did spoil me Brian..
My order was for a machine and 2 starter sets of Pegas blades
I received
A machine, 3 starter sets of Pegas blades, 1 unbranded set of blades, 2 sets of clamping blocks and 2 sets of brass wheels.
plus the usual std tool inclusions.
So all in all I think they have more than provided me (the proverbial village silly person) with everything I need. :lol:
Regards
C

Back