Help! Record Maxi owners...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobblezard

1 step forward, 2 back, 2 forward - rest - repeat
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone on the forum with a Record Maxi 1 (or possibly 2) can help me out.
I've managed to disable my lathe by stumbling and yanking on the cable to the switch box, this has pulled a wire away from the switch terminals inside and I can't work out where it goes. It is the only blue wire from the cable into the switch box. Logically I feel it should go to a terminal on the on/off switch but it could head elsewhere I know nothing about electronics...
It's an older 1 1/4" x 8 tpi maxi, out of warranty. If anyone has one and would be willing to post a few pics of the inside of the switch box I would be eternally grateful. Will be gutted if I can't get this sorted myself... :oops:
Thanks for reading this

There is a wiring diagram on page 20 of the manual
- https://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/h ... thread-2mt
You need to create an account using a valid email address to access the download.
I would contact Record & ask their advice, reportedly they are quite helpful.
BTW, envious of your lathe. Best 'value for money' in it's class & even more so since the M33 version.

Thanks Robbo, yes I've got the manual but the wiring diagram doesn't even begin to cover the variable speed and switch gear. There is a whole separate manual for the variable drive alone but it doesn't seem to show the switch wiring.
I will contact Record Power when I get the chance but worry they might not support my work on electrical components.
It was a great lathe, and hopefully will be again...

Back on track now . I managed to work out which terminal the wire came from and mend the other snapped wires. Will teach me, I hope...

Latest posts

Back