HELP Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
HELP REQUIRED:

I have an overhead router system, I got from Trend, some years ago. There was a tufnol router table and fences with this set up, and it was called something like Router-track or Router-rack. I can't find any mention on the net. It consists of strong metal tubes and cast aluminium plates for holding the router in various orientations. It's out of the box, but unused due to health problems at the time I tried to set it up.

I am going to have one last try to set-up my Woodrat, but here is my worry.

A conventional overhead router, has a table beneath it. The Woodrat doesn't. To use certain cutters, this would mean I have to do pass timber UNDER the Woodrat. My hands would be out of sight, I believe, and this is scary. Even if the inventor does work happily 'upside-down'!

Does anyone know of anything else the Woodrat can't do, that the Trend gear could? It would be good to know, before I make a final decision.

I also need a rough valuation, should I decide to sell either the Woodrat or the Trend gear. Oh yes, and probably my Leigh set-up. :)

Cheers folks

John

I managed to find the 'ROUTERACK' site.
All one word I see, which is probably why Google couldn't find it.

I would still like to know the pros and cons of this set-up v Woodrat, if anyone can assist?
Cheers again :)

John

Back