Help for a wannabe woodworker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithhickson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi people, what I'm going to ask about may cause you to think back to when you first started. We, my wife aka The Beautiful Accountant, and I have recently bought our first house in Hertfordshire. This has a garage which we will be turning into a small workshop (then a bigger workshop acorns to oaks etc :wink: ) sadly the previous owners used it solely for storage hence it is currently infested with spiders. Now I know it might seem silly for a 51 year old copper to object to walking into spiders webs everywhere he turns, but it's mainly for TBA. She does have serious arachnaphobia. Once I'm established obviously the problem will decrease with regular cleaning, after all we always clear up after ourselves like good people don't we :lol:
Basically has anyone any sure fire method to cleanse this wouldbe workplace of spiders short of a flame thrower.
Sorry if this seems a trivial matter rest assured come the workshop come the questions. (I already have several regarding woodrat and local users etc)

Many thanks for your forbearance and apologies to anyone who read this and has wasted their time.

Hi there

and welcome to the forum

a quick google search came up with this LINK

Haven't got a clue if it works as I've no problems with the 8 legged things but it maybe a start

Many thanks for the welcome and quick reply I'll check it out later as I'm at work and they frown on accessing some sites...... I don't have a problem with spiders, honest no I don't it's my wife seriously not me I can really cope with facefuls of web and a crawling feeling along my skin and hair :lol:

Just had a look at the spider repellant and I see that it contains an extract of chestnuts. Years ago I remember being told that chestnuts keep spiders away and thought that it was an old wives tale. I guess there's some truth in it after all.

We did try some "Spider Stop" spray which didn't but was comprised of clove AND chestnuts so I have a garage which smells like a cobweb infested autumn dentists :lol:

Latest posts

Back