Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
hello, just a few words to let you know I'm here. I is the poor unfortunate BETTER half to ..... sorry ... very lucky person .. to be married to sliver.

I have started a bit of turning and will no doubt be hassling you for advice in the near future.
:D

welcome, mrs s to the forum. you are just like me and some others, and i know you will get plenty of help here, good luck with your turning.

Nice to see you here Mrs. S you are very welcome.

Wood turning is a very relaxing hobby, there's something about all those chips flying over the right shoulder, and it's satisfying to see your work take shape before your very eyes.
So when the pressures of life (and dare I say it Mr. S :wink: ) are a bit much just dive into the 'shop & switch on the lathe.

I don't know why I'm babling on 'cos I'm pretty new to turning as well, but I've found this forum incredibly helpful and there are some very knowledgible & experienced turners on here, so don't be coy about asking questions. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Welcome Mrs S

Woodturning is the only part of my hobby my wife ever got interested in when I tried a lathe,

Nigel

thank you all so much for that welcome! me and the old boy haven't been around online today since I posted. we had to move Sliver snr. to his new bungalow .. 'do you want me to come with you?' sez I
'yes' sez he 'you could help us pack a few things up' I then got dropped off by sliver wth boxs and rubbish bags and that was him finished packing up! :?
back again to finish off tomorrow.

RIGHT!!!!!
I have been informed of a fiendish plot by some mad woman pretending to be my wife on here..................There will be a court case, I'm on to you!!!!!! :twisted: ........OH, hello love, I was just telling the nice people on here about some crazed mad woman who ... OH ... it WAS you! :oops: No, wait ... I can't type with broken fingers. .... OWWWWW!

Mrs. Sliver,

Re. the packing and stuff, all he's doing is applying a well known management technique, it's called......................delegation :lol: :lol:

I bet he's a lovely fella really :wink:

Back