hello to all !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood yew believe it !

Established Member
Reaction score
hi to all, found this forum and thought id say hi, am new to turning, bout 18 months or so, self taught so far, but getting on ok i think, look forward to chinwagging with all of you

a few of my bits ive done
woodturningandstuff051.jpg

woodturningandstuff058.jpg

woodturningandstuff057.jpg

woodturningandstuff096.jpg

welcome to the forum,

your pics have been caught by the spam filter. a mod will be along shortly to sort it out.

Welcome :D

And now that you are here,don't forget to pop into the turning forum as well (think the zebrano one looks particularly nice)

Andrew

Welcome WYBI.

Could you downsize your piccies please to give those of use with smaller screens an easier life?

Mods: Could a sensible size limit, both for Avatars and general pics be posted somewhere permanent perhaps?

Welcome aboard wood yew believe it !

Nick W":9obmg3o6 said:
Welcome WYBI.

Could you downsize your piccies please to give those of use with smaller screens an easier life?

Mods: Could a sensible size limit, both for Avatars and general pics be posted somewhere permanent perhaps?

Nick, .....'wood yew believe it !' has migrated here from a USA Turning Forumusing this PHP software but it has an implementation in it to limit the display size regardless of pixel count so it will need him to reload all his images in his web space which may take some time.

I have mailed Charley in the past to see if he can implement the same in the new forum layout.

Avatars are requested to be limited to 80X80 pixels in the guide notes to try and limit the screen space used by the left hand column.

An indication of picture display sizes can be found under "UKW Forum Support" on my website.

Well, maybe Charley could implement a similar display size limit in his (no doubt copious :wink: ) free time?

OOOps :oops: . Just read you posting properly. Sorry. :oops: :oops:

CHJ":2kkzi4wq said:
...Avatars are requested to be limited to 80X80 pixels in the guide notes to try and limit the screen space used by the left hand column...
Heh heh heh. Yours is 125 x 118...

If these settings could be in the forum software, it would help everyone a lot. In a thread, all it takes is for one person to have a larger avatar and that page will be affected.

That said, and accepting that there are guidlines which ought to be followed, it doesn't bother me too much. It can annoy me at times, but for the most part I accept that there will be larger graphics than fit on my screen.

Take care, Mike

MikeW":1o7p1upd said:
CHJ":1o7p1upd said:
...Avatars are requested to be limited to 80X80 pixels in the guide notes to try and limit the screen space used by the left hand column...
Forum Rules":1o7p1upd said:
(6.) Avatar size
The maximum avatar size is 140x140 pixels. Please make sure your avatar doesn’t exceed this size.
OK so the size Chas has quoted is the default that PHP recommends and state on some of the supplied forms.
The rules, which of course you have all read, :whistle: (they are at the top of this forum) are more generous at 140 square.

MikeW":1pigb6j4 said:
CHJ":1pigb6j4 said:
Mike

I did say they are requested to be 80X80 :lol: not that many people take notice of the request.

Ah now, Dave, just having a bit of fun... :lol:

Like I did mention in the post, I don't overly care--that is about graphics being a bit oversized. It's nice when avatars and or graphics don't push off to the right, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the posts.

Then again, neither do spelling nor grammar issues bother me :wink:

Take care, Mike

Back