Hello from Kent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmjoyce

Reaction score
Hi folks. Long time lurker but wanted to finally become a member and say hello.

I've been a hobbist woodworker for the past 8 years, still feel like I'm at the start of the journey. I mainly do small pieces, primarily (but not religiously) hand tools. That said, I'm currently building an arched garden room and about to attempt doors and windows for that for the first time... wish me luck.

Hi folks. Long time lurker but wanted to finally become a member and say hello.

I've been a hobbist woodworker for the past 8 years, still feel like I'm at the start of the journey. I mainly do small pieces, primarily (but not religiously) hand tools. That said, I'm currently building an arched garden room and about to attempt doors and windows for that for the first time... wish me luck.
Good luck with it, well worth making some nice doors and windows, make sure wood is well seasoned,
Regards

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

@Stanleymonkey here's a picture of the garden room progress so far. Still lots to do but I'm enjoying taking my time and going at my own pace (slowly)
garden room.png

@Stanleymonkey yes I'm keeping the overhang and will put a small deck there in the fullness of time.

Need to add some trim which will be attached to the side cladding where it meets the gable end cladding. Also a strip of trim to the end of the overhanging cladding to minimise warping and movement (although I'm not sure how successful that will be). Hoping the end of the cladding will look something like this.
0-Glamping-pods-camping-best-north-yorkshire-lakes-wigwam-holidays-forcett-grange-family-hot-tub.jpg

image from this website.

@davethebb It's a CNC routed plywood frame which I purchased. It arrived on a small pallet ready for assembly. Like this one although I ended up making some modifications.
glamping-pod-1-1000-opt_10.jpg

Image from this website

Back