Hello from east London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Mason

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thank you for accepting me. I’m a retired teacher, getting into diy simple restoration and allotmenteering.

I have found what I think is a Billhook, minus a handle. I’ve done one basic rust removal using vinegar. I believe the handle type is called a socket handle. There are no holes in the socket.

Welcome, did your finger find that the blade was still sharp , I’ve seen a few of those billhooks with paracord or leather string around the handle . The modern day equivalent..

Attachments

• IMG_1386.jpeg
    IMG_1386.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Haha yes! I found it all rusted up at the bottom of a tank of water! Silly me didn’t think it would still be sharp! Lesson learned lol! Interesting photo. Is there a socket handle inside the wooden handle. Thanks for the info.

Haha yes! I found it all rusted up at the bottom of a tank of water! Silly me didn’t think it would still be sharp! Lesson learned lol! Interesting photo. Is there a socket handle inside the wooden handle. Thanks for the info.
Tbh I’m not sure , what I do know is there is a sharp horrible disc at the end of the leather bands, yours looks like its already for the hand as such may only need something to improve the grip - what a cracking find and amazing how it’s survived under water .. other members may have a better insight on this tool but definitely worth saving..

Back