Hello and fixture? ident please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catalunyanorm

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to all..
My first posting and new to turning.Have just got myself some secondhand gear ..Lathe Fox F46-717 plus faceplate and chisels..also in the "box " was a jig/fixture or whatever..need to inc. photo for identification but....would appreciate help in how to upload??
Also any recommendations for some sort of a suitable chuck alternatives please..I hope eventually to go onto bowl work.
Regards..Norm[/img]

Mornin' Norm, welcome aboard.

The forum won't let you post any external links until you have approx 3 posts under your belt. They will get caught by the 'spam' trap.

Here for instructions on posting photos.

Axminster have a variety of chucks and their technical department will advise you if you ring or email them. I have the expanding dovetail type which I think is Polish made and does everything I've thrown at it from tiny to massive objects.

Hiya Norm, welcome to the fourm, as Tam has said you need a few more posts to post pictures and has indicated where you can find the info.
Are you from ES. or are you still living there. Hope you enjoy your time with the forum. REgards Boysie.

Thanks for the replies guys....wow the uploading proceedure is tough for a silver surfer.Might it be possible to email the photo to an existing member to upload on my behalf?
Yes we do live in ES,retired UK expats now resident in the pyrenees and for me trying to get hobbies restarted and maybe earn a few bucks at the local fairs?!!
Regards
Norm

To get my post count up and also get some brownie points (no doubt will need future advice)!!

I have a spare brand new copy of...
David Regester's
WOODTURNING STEP BY STEP - ISBN 0713477156
My wife kindly bought it as a surprise ..not knowing I already had it!!

If somebody wants to just pay the 10 € post costs from Spain I will sent it back to the UK where it can be put to genuine use.Please email me with details.
Regards
Norm

Well here goes with the photo upload..apologies if its incorrect.

PICT0011.JPG

MOD Edit, I think I have fixed the picture link. DaveL

Welcome Norm ( oh one! with the name of a God)
Putting pics on the forum...
I see you use Picasa, put a folder on your desktop call it temp_pics or something, export the pics you want to upload into that from picasa.
subscribe to 'Photobucket' then upload from your temp folder straight into that.
The way I put pics onto the forum, I open two windows, one ukworkshop the other photobucket.
When you hover over the pic you get a list:
Email & IM
Direct link
HTML code
IMG code
IMG thumb
If you click on IMG code with ctrl + c then open ukwo window then ctrl + v in the reply window that will put your pic in the forum.
If you click on IMG thumb,
you will a thumbnail pic which will enable others to enlarge the pic if they wish.
I hope that makes sense.

John. B

Hi Norm

Looks like the headstock indexing ring to me. It goes between the lathe bed and the headstock allowing the headstock to turn. The various slots are where the indexing pin on the front of the headstock goes. Looks similar to that on my Perform CCL.

Cheers

Hi again Norm.

You asked about chucks. IMO you should be looking for a scroll chuck, but it would be better if you gave a price range, you can go from £70 to £200. And still need to spend more on top of the chuck cost if you needed extra jaw sets.

Hi Norm.

They do come up on ebay fairly frequently, but tend to go for high prices IMO. Do no harm to keep a look out though.

There is what looks like a good deal going at Rutland's just now, this one may suit you. You can get other jaw sets for this as well. There are better (more expensive) chucks around, but like everything it depends on how much you wish to spend.

Hi Again..a Nova chuck is on Ebay - 260389051757 ,due completion today 2130hrs...Could someone please advise me if its possible to get an insert /adapter to fit my lathe that has 1" x 8tpi shaft?And does it seem ok?
Regards
Norm

Back