hello all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JungleJim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been visiting this forum for a while and have picked up loads of useful information from all of you.

I have been into woodwork for about 4 years and have begun to amass quite a collection of tools (nowhere near as many as I think i'll need though).

I have just bought a house in potters bar, hertfordshire and have been given the green light to build my own workshop. But not until the house has been renovated (and it needs a lot of work). So I will hopefully be able to produce a workshop in progress thread as good as the ones I have seen on hear.

I'm off now, but i'm sure i'll be back soon to ask a few questions (and you never know, I may even be able to answer a couple)

See you

james :wink:

Welcome to the forum, James

JungleJim":1dcrutf3 said:
...begun to amass quite a collection of tools (nowhere near as many as I think i'll need though).
Ah, evidentally you are fully in touch with your inner Slope. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi James,

all that renovating? Sounds like you need a workshop first to do all the work in. Wouldn't want to make a mess in the new house.

:D

Dave

Hi James and welcome.
I would agree with Dave, you need a workshop first before you start the renovations, if only as a sanctuary.
Good luck with the renovations.

Definitly workshop before renovation. It's logical and damnit its just the right thing to do!

It's also the excuse I used with my house. SWMBO even helped me build the workshop so that we can renovate the house quicker - what I have done for the renovations so far you ask? Painting, and hung some curtains and blinds. muhahahahah!!

I agree. Workshop before renovation. It'll seriously improve your health and hearing. A) It can be setup better with dust extraction etc. And it'll stop you getting ear ache from the missus about the general state you have left the house in - dust, mess, tools etc.

Much better to have a dedicated place to work.

Adam

Hi and welcome James. I can only echo the postings so far Workshop first as it is hard to work in the rain. :wink: All the best with the renovations.

Welcome James.
You won't hear too much from me but it is always worth the wait!
(and I can also knit fog!)
Take no notice, I'm feeling in a particularly silly mood. It's been a hard week.
Welcome again, anyway.

SF

Workshop first, by the way!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. have to agree with everything you have said.

yes, I am on the slope (my idea of a good book is the axminster catalog)

and yes I have previously suggested building the workshop first and after showing my wife this thread she is coming round to it (just need to keep the pressure on)

cheers

james

Back