Hegners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 42626

Established Member
Reaction score
With 30 years experience I refurbish Hegners purely as a hobby, I've edited this post to mention it just incase anyone thought I was trade.

I've had a busy few weeks, a few saws nearly ready and available soon. All get an inspection and realigned with new components where necessary.
Paintwork is refinished as required, which if you already own a Hegner you'll know it isn't etch primed when new and flakes off quite badly.
I'll place adverts for them but any interest just let me know.
I also buy in projects and rebuilds whilst
PX is sometimes considered too.
Sadly no shipping, these are precision instruments and too easily ruined. Based in Cumbria.

20230704_142808.jpg
20230715_155027.jpg
20230721_220102.jpg
20230725_001240.jpg
20230726_194245.jpg
20230723_155946.jpg
20230704_142736.jpg
20230727_185646.jpg
20230727_101341.jpg
20230719_192211.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good job/restore.

The blower pipe - why not change those at the same time to the flexible one?

That 'thing' blowing all the dust straight at you should be banned :mad:

The first time I used my machines after a restore, I had more dust on my paunch than anywhere else :ROFLMAO:

Moved the pipe and hooked it to the flex-light which unfortunately blows the dust towards the motor. Will spend some time doing a re-rout under the table to the other side.

Nice restore job
I regret selling my variable speed Hegner -- it was Ace at cutting out these shapes...
00table.JPG

Looks like a good job/restore.

The blower pipe - why not change those at the same time to the flexible one?

That 'thing' blowing all the dust straight at you should be banned :mad:

The first time I used my machines after a restore, I had more dust on my paunch than anywhere else :ROFLMAO:

Moved the pipe and hooked it to the flex-light which unfortunately blows the dust towards the motor. Will spend some time doing a re-rout under the table to the other side.
You're right about the blower pipe but I usually keep to original spec as standard. I upgrade the bellows and fit a matching black air pipe. If someone requests a flex pipe I will add one subject to cost

I could take the first one of you beside the washing machine afraid it would have to be
Delivered also may have found the problem on my vibration post
Some pics included in that post

I could take the first one of you beside the washing machine afraid it would have to be
That one has now sold and heading to York on Tuesday I'm afraid.
The M1 variable speed also sold yesterday.
What did you find was wrong, is it the con rod link bearings?

I've one of my own, an original M1 2013 single speed, was an ex demo saw and only needed a few scratches tidying on the paint. I was going to keep it as a pristine example but ive got too many and can't keep them all.
I'll probably regret selling it but then again I'm looking for my next project 😄

Last edited:
Here's what I do for older models when requested, sometimes I fabricate the proper L bracket as it's now obsolete from Hegner but also use the P clip method. Simple and easily removed if required. The dust is blown away from the motor as it's fitted on the opposite side.
20230806_121541.jpg
20230806_121340.jpg

Last edited:
Back