hegner multicut 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musomaniac

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone , i hwve just purchased a second hand hegner multicut 1 scroll saw , and i'm looking for general purpose and fine blades for this machine , has anyone got any experience with this machine , and where can i purchase the blades
any help greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will be pleased with the Hegner.

I purchase all of my blades from (Hegner UK), their price is competitive, if you purchase at the gross rate.

You will soon find which blades you use the most, depending on the type of work you are doing.

I keep a full range of blades from number 1 to 12, but my most go to blades are Number 3,5 & 7 reverse tooth.

Take care and happy scroll sawing.

Chris R.

thanks for the info , i wil, be at first using the hegner to cut simple patterns out of cedar for garden furniture , but i woukd also like to try my hand at some reasonably intricate stuff , after watching a few youtube videos , i also build rc model aircraft and at times get repair jobs to do , whereby i have to cut formers from 1/8 and 1/4 inch ply ,

Welcome o the forum :D
Everyone has their favourite blades, probably there is not much to choose between the various brands
As Chris r says, for most outside cutting reverse tooth 3,5 and 7 are good, but for more intricate work and for thinner woods you will find it easier with finer blades, I use a lot of 2/0 and 2 reverse tooth blades.
I would be happy to send you small selection of blades to try if you want to pm me your address?

Gill

Better late than never,A warm welcome to the forum to a new member.Having had the Multicult 1 for many years ,the only part that I have had to place is the concertina spring,which cost less than £10. :roll:

Bryan

Back