Hegner lathe for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark sanger":289sc5i6 said:
well actually, after I had been pinned down and subjected to all sorts of pain and anguise I had to agree to buy a large American style fridge freezer fior the kitchen.

I agreed to it before i saw the price of them. Would have been cheaper to have the builders in to stick and extension on.

We ended up with a full height meile freezer paired with a full height meile fridge - far more space than a US freezer, got to chose the stay fresh stuff and looks very cool. The only thing we missed out on was the ice dispenser which we get around by buying bags of ice :)

Miles

Hi Mike

My good lady has changed her mind already, but seeing I have my new lump of cast iron sat in the workshop looking at her I am just smiling and agreeing. lol.

Dropped the American idea.

Mark Sanger wrote
but seeing I have my new lump of cast iron sat in the workshop
That narrows it down a bit :D
I think the Vicmarcs are due around this time so could be :?:
Wasn't that Woodfast on Ebay last week was it :?:

Hi all,

I did a hollow form course today with Mark Hancock and Mark Sanger (an excellent day but that will have to be another post later).

I (deviously) casually asked Mark S what lathe he has now and he was happy to discuss it ..........

........ until he spotted my UKWS badge on my smock!!!!!

doh!!!!!!! (homer)

I am sure he will come clean in due course and let know know all about it, but until then I am :-#

Sorry

S

That sounds like a fun day! Where was that Simon? Both Mark's are high on my list of people to do tuition with, one day. Tho I'm already in debt to MarkH 8-[

We all know MarkS has bought a Draper mini lathe anyway. He's gone into pen turning full time... :-$

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pen turning, you got me.

It was a good day at he Mill at Portishead, Bristol run by the AWGB. Ten students. The course was based on hollow form turning from green wood covering seasoning etc, then onto a hollow form from a seasoned bowl blank if you finished the green one.

Enjoyable day.

So what is wrong with a drapper drill lathe. :shock: :roll: I think they are quite good for turning tooth picks, and you know how useful a tooth pick can be when you need one.

Simon when are you going to post the coloured hollow form onto the forum that I saw yesterday. It was a beaut.

:lol: I knew I'd guess right ;)

Mark do you do single day courses at your own premises? I'm touring Devon in June, could do a detour maybe?

wizer":3btigxld said:
:lol: I knew I'd guess right ;)

Mark do you do single day courses at your own premises? I'm touring Devon in June, could do a detour maybe?

Hi yes. I lay on refreshments, meal, all the materials, tools and safety equipment. But you are free to bring any tools or equipment you like.

details are on my web site, if you need any more, please contact me via email.

mark sanger":1wsukhgb said:
Simon when are you going to post the coloured hollow form onto the forum that I saw yesterday. It was a beaut.

All done

Thanks for a great day with yourself and Mark H - loads of encouragement + some excellent tips and techniques to take away.

S

oh by the way I forgot to say that my new lathe is a Maxi 1.

I could not say before as I have done a review on it which will be out in the April addition of woodturning.

ahh interesting. So the same as what Blister was selling recently. I take it you were impressed. You would have been bowled over by the real thing!

wizer":2xsvjzin said:
ahh interesting. So the same as what Blister was selling recently. I take it you were impressed. You would have been bowled over by the real thing!

The Maxi 1 is the little brother of the Maxi 2 ( The Chinese copy of the real thing )

Look forward to reading the review as i subscribe to the mag :lol:

Yep the Maxi 1 is made in China just like the Jet lathes. But not all parts come from China a little research can reap benefits when you are buying machines. .

I can not say anything about the review. It is out on the 26th of April.

Copy of the real things (I am a Pepsi man myself), like to be different.
:lol: :lol:

Blister":1h8sv19n said:
wizer":1h8sv19n said:

The Maxi 1 is the little brother of the Maxi 2 ( The Chinese copy of the real thing )

Look forward to reading the review as i subscribe to the mag :lol:

The Maxi 1 gives the same capacity as the Maxi 2 but the maxi 2 has a 2hp motor and the Maxi 1 1.5 hp.

The maxi 2 is also 60 kilos heavier.

Back