Health warning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
I may be the only person on the forum who was unaware of this but in case I'm not.

Managed to get the lathe speed control working. Pictures to follow when I stop coughing my guts up. The shaft for the top set of pulleys was dry as a bone and I had to gently tickle the control a bit at a time whilst squirting PTFE at it. I took the head apart in the kitchen with the door wide open, plenty of fresh air but still ended up coughing for about an hour. My wife has asthma and is an ex nurse and sussed what was happenning. The PTFE spray is lighter than air when it comes out and was rising around my head as I was spraying. It stayed in the air for about 1/2 an hour, we could see it like dust in the spotlight. I normally have lungs like leather bellows but this stuff really got to me. Worse than any wood dust I've yet encountered.

Pete

Thanks for the warning Pete. :shock:
This is the pitfall i suppose of having your workshop in the house. :shock:
Glad to see you've managed to get it working again though.Back to normal,or are you now used to working at full speed.
Look forward to the piccys.
Paul.J.

Latest posts

Back