Have you had any storm damages to your property at all?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cottonwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone is ok
Woke this morning to find a large section of fence flapping about, the posts (4x4) look to have snapped clean through.
Incredibly we still have electric power here (mid suffolk) although it fades in and out a little sometimes. Usually the power goes off at the drop of a hat....
Stay safe, especially if you have to drive this morning :)

Nothing obvious so far. Alot of extra leaves on the drive but no major damage, yet ;)
Was it a fairly tall fence then ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Touch wood nothing yet. Woke up at 6.30 and the wind was very strong , really battering the trees round here.

Couple of roof tiles have become dislodged. funnily enough my two year old temporary repair held up better than the rest :lol:

I've had a preliminary look, the pictures make it look worse than it is. Fence is 6 foot high. A small tree and the firewood store have prevented it from blowing totally away. With luck it will just need 3 new posts and a few new rails (one is completely broken), the feather edge is largely undamaged and reusable, although I have plenty of spares in the garage roof space if a few need replacing. It looks as if whoever built the fence put the posts straight into the soil (no concrete as far as I can tell)
Things have calmed quite a bit since first thing this morning when I took the pictures. At that stage the wind was loud and aggressive, there was immense clouds of leaves swirling about well over 100 feet up in the air and that fence was swaying back and forth. LOL if I'd been more on the ball I would of put a few tempory struts against the fence beforehand :oops: . No other damage, all roof and ridge tiles in tact no trees down..
Hope everyone is OK any way.
cheers Jonathan

I've been very lucky with no damage, mind you I don't think the Weymouth area got it as bad as most. I really feel for the people that have had a lot of damage, in some places it looks like real carnage.

Wind has dropped here, sun has been shining and a few spots of rain.

Well the tree I was worried about didn't even drop a branch. Bit of wobbly fencing stayed up, even the bit that I broke the post on climbing through yesterday (locked myself out :oops: ).

In town there was some minor damage, wall down, roof tiles etc

Got to work and a couple of container stacks had blown down (crane coming later this week) and the workshop looked like the godawful shithole it always does plus a few random objects moved around.

All in all pretty lucky considering how windy it was.

When you say container stacks do you mean like a shipping container stacked? If so that sounds pretty serious?

My mate was driving an 80 ton mobile crane in East Grinstead today. But I haven't heard how it went.

Adidat

Woke up, hadn't heard a thing overnight. Looked outdoors, everything was fine, till I saw a neighbour sawing away at a small tree that had fallen across our road, so I popped out with the bow saw to give him a hand, whilst we're trying to cut it up people still carried on driving past and driving over it without bothering to stop, or let us stop, k***s.

A 90 foot oak had come down in the field behind and crashed onto a neighbours greenhouse, where they keep tortoises! Apart from this we seemed to have been generally lucky.

90 foot oak eh? sounds useful.

Here are some bad pictures of this mornings fun.

opps4.jpg

opps1.jpg

opps3.jpg

opps2.jpg

Attachments

• opps4.jpg
    opps4.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 565
  • opps1.jpg
    opps1.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 565
  • opps3.jpg
    opps3.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 565
  • opps2.jpg
    opps2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 565
hi all we seem to have got away with out any damage was worried about the six foot fences each side of us but all appear ok
cheers pip

Fixed worse. A lot of that will straighten out to shipping standards (+/- 40mm iso for the panels I think), one new 4' roof panel and about 10' of top rail - job done. :)

Waka":2jtywvx4 said:
I've been very lucky with no damage, mind you I don't think the Weymouth area got it as bad as most. I really feel for the people that have had a lot of damage, in some places it looks like real carnage.

Wind has dropped here, sun has been shining and a few spots of rain.

We were in Weymouth last weekend , stayed at the seaview caravan park with my boys and the wife. It was windy enough last week :) .

Visited the ghurka restaurant Sunday night in the harbour area do you know it Waka ? Very nice buffet.

Wind was really bad here between 5 and 6 yesterday morning. We have a couple of old larch lap panels fencing the granny annex garden broken and flapping but they are rotten and due to be replaced. We also had a very large branch (tree trunk size) broken of of one on our horse chesnut trees - luckilly it fell amongst the other trees and caused no damage.

Misterfish

Went down to collect the paper yesterday morning after hearing the BBC news claiming that Britain had been flattened. The sun was shining and smoke drifting vertically up from chimneys.
When will most of the media remember that not everyone lives within 20 miles of London?

I was chasing cows out of our back garden at 7:30 on Monday morning. Having spotted the downed fence they made a bee-line for the windfall apples, of which there were a lot. Just glad the bull hadn't followed them, Not sure I'd have tried chasing that out.

Rob

Latest posts

Back