Has Range Rover lost the plot ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the problem??

A company is making a product aimed at its most valuable customer base * and there selling well (I assume) - I'm pretty sure thats better than a company going bust through making a product that the current market doesnt want (?).

* ref customer base - rich pineapple footballers/industry moguls/foreign people with no taste.

:)

I love it and will be getting one next year (5 door). It drives like a car, reasonable space interior quality is excellent. Economical, especially with the 2 wheel drive version and brisk performance. I would prefer a full fat Range Rover but don't have £80 grand and they are a bit thirsty.

I think it is a little overpriced but is the best looking 4x4 out there currently. At least it does have a character rather than the bland euro boxes that dominate the roads (Juke excepted). Design statements typically polarize opinion and the Evoque is no exception but the fact that the order list is already out to March next year would state that many people do like it.

I have never had a 4x4 but am looking forward to getting this one and I am not any of these - rich pineapple footballers/industry moguls/foreign people with no taste. I am an average income, worker bee, salary man English with excellent taste thank you!

Horrible ! Seems to be a trend to reduce the height of rear windows to give that "stepped on by an elephant" look. Dont like it at all.

A proper Land Rover should look like this!

StJohns2.jpg

Over twenty years old, 220k on the clock but still going strong and being used daily!

Rog

Dodge":2owl8fri said:

StJohns2.jpg

Over twenty years old, 220k on the clock but still going strong and being used daily!

Rog

Heres it replacement
Defender-concept-L.jpg

You lot need to remember we are in the 21century. :lol:

doctor Bob":27ypiyvo said:
Dodge":27ypiyvo said:

StJohns2.jpg

Rog

Heres it replacement
Defender-concept-L.jpg

You lot need to remember we are in the 21century. :lol:
Yuck! It looks like a 1950's idea of what the future holds. They got everything else wrong too :(

Lons":1bmy4ckv said:
We did however look closely at a Skoda Yeti and though I couldn't bring myself to spend £20k+ on such a stupidly named vehicle...

Is this the male counterpart of females choosing things based on pretty colours?!

BugBear

I sort of like it but I wonder where the head room has gone! For a strapping 6ft 2-er like me it'll be like driving the wife's Punto!

Range Rover have cut a good part of the roof off but will they charge less for it...............er, nope!

angelboy":1c4zy0b7 said:
I sort of like it but I wonder where the head room has gone! For a strapping 6ft 2-er like me it'll be like driving the wife's Punto!

Range Rover have cut a good part of the roof off but will they charge less for it...............er, nope!

Actually the front headroom is excellent, I have a very long back and have struggled with many cars in the past and have loved German cars due to the seating position. The Evoque seat adjusts pretty low and I had no headroom issues. The back of the 5 door wasa fine as well but I did not sit in the back of the 3 door.

It's a soft southerners roller skate from the 'me too' stable. I expect like all the other Landies, getting to the end of the road without breaking down will be the only interesting thing about it.
I'll stick with my Trooper.

Incoming!!!! :norm:

my brother has bought his wife one, they have been waiting 6 months so far, so i guess its a popular choice - REF: customer base, he is just a very hard working normal person, who has just happened to succeed financially nothing wrong with that is there?

mark270981":1neun4rj said:
my brother has bought his wife one, they have been waiting 6 months so far, so i guess its a popular choice - REF: customer base, he is just a very hard working normal person, who has just happened to succeed financially nothing wrong with that is there?

Hear hear, well said - lot of bitter jealousy out there!

cutting42":3n86juuy said:
mark270981":3n86juuy said:

Its nothing to do with jealousy, both the rich and poor and all in between are capable of showing appalling taste. Just as we of a different persuasion are capable of poor taste in their opinion no doubt.

This thread was about aesthetics I understood. I still think it looks like a Tonka toy and if given one would immediately swap it for a proper car or land Rover.

I can't afford one and I can't think of anyone who would make the offer :( .

gus3049":1r7e1xg4 said:
cutting42":1r7e1xg4 said:
mark270981":1r7e1xg4 said:

Its nothing to do with jealousy, both the rich and poor and all in between are capable of showing appalling taste. Just as we of a different persuasion are capable of poor taste in their opinion no doubt.

This thread was about aesthetics I understood. I still think it looks like a Tonka toy and if given one would immediately swap it for a proper car or land Rover.

Unfortunately it started off about the aesthetics, then it went a little murky as these threads invariably do. I like the shape, but its not to my taste as for the same money i could get myself 2nd hand sport or even a vogue.

YorkshireDave":14howyc1 said:
I'll stick with my Trooper.

Incoming!!!! :norm:

Other than the Defenders we have we also have a Trooper as our family car!

gus3049":36n0otyr said:
cutting42":36n0otyr said:

Your comments were fine, no issue with what you think of the aesthetics, it is the personal judgements that some others feel it necessary to make about people who actually like it. However taste is totally individual and arbitrating taste can be very judgemental, your appalling taste may be my cool and funky, long may the difference last! I used to love Tonka toys, maybe I am looking to relive my childhood :D

I am fortunate to have a company car and really enjoy choosing my new vehicles. I cannot choose a Land Rover (Disco or Defender) due to emissions, lease cost, and being unfit for business use - as dictated by my company car admin team. The Evoque gives me low emissions, reasonable cost and is deemed as "acceptable" by the car police at work. I have had 20 plus cars over my driving career and really wanted to try a 4x4. Land Rover are the kings of this market both for ultimate off road and for luxury so an easy choice for me. There is no real competitor in this market for me so the choice is between the Evoque, a Jag XF 2.2 diesel, Audi A5 Sportback or possibly a BMW 5 series. I appreciate I am very fortunate in this choice and I love the decision process, you are welcome help me make a decision - all opinions welcome

Back