Has anyone used this raised panel cutter before

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I’ve been given this raised panel cutter was wondering if anyone has used it and if they are any good and safe . Thanks

Attachments

• 580EB76A-847C-4D90-9287-FFDA1D7D96D6.jpeg
    580EB76A-847C-4D90-9287-FFDA1D7D96D6.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 0
What Doug said, really. It has brazed-on tips, so nothing's likely to fly off through inattention. So it's all about setup and guarding. In other words, it's up to you. Support the work with fences throughout the cut, along with a downward pressure from something like a Shaw guard .. take light, experimental cuts to get the feel of it.

Is it sharp? Put a hand lens to the edge. The rest is in how it cuts. It's not hypercritical -the speed of the cut may overcome a modicum of bluntness, at least on wood with reasonable grain. Machine tools aren't as sensitive as hand tools.

A some stage you need to grasp the nettle, so it's entirely up to you. I think I understand your quandary. But if you have a spindle, surely you've used a block of something like this diameter before? The common rebate block, after all, tends to be 125mm ...

Back