harvey industies Deft saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would anyone want to purchase a new saw at a resonable price?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• maybe, depending on cost?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
big soft moose":20dj3qcu said:
ciscoeuk":20dj3qcu said:
even if it is threephase and inverted, than import from china with the likelyhood of minimal aftersales support.

I'm not knocking what you are doing, and i'm sure there are those who will buy the imported deft - but it isnt for me.

who said i was offering minimal support, i want to offer customer support to my best ability, but i am not sure how the returns are going to work or if you a damage in transite problem???? this is still being considered and worked out!

but i will say this i not just selling tables saw, i wam looking into sell high quality woodworking tools as a one stop shop for the unsual items and items that are hard to get hold off in the UK, keep an eye out,

any suggestions, and links, for suff that you would like to see in the UK?

all the best

Hi Ciscoeuk,

http://www.woodpeck.com/ If you could import a variety from the Woodpeckers catalog then I would be a good customer :lol:

Rutlands have started to do a few bits, and the woodworkers workshop will import any of it, but he can be very expensive.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":x5ycz4ac said:
Hi Ciscoeuk,

http://www.woodpeck.com/ If you could import a variety from the Woodpeckers catalog then I would be a good customer :lol:

Rutlands have started to do a few bits, and the woodworkers workshop will import any of it, but he can be very expensive.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Cheers

Mike
thanks mike,

i have looked at woodpeckers and i am trying to emulate a certain proportion of that that site, but i don't want to compete with screwfix for the nuts and bolts side of the business, i will try and stock at much as i can, but i have one rule i have to live by, that is,

only stock what i can sell on a regular basis, to start with and grow from there, i willl over the 18 months be adding new products on a monthly basis, all uk workhops members will be entitle to a 10% off there first orders (before vat)

at present the online shop is part built, just waiting for the new year to kick in and the VAT increase, then i can work out my margins

all items over a certain amount will be free delivery up 31kg,
table/band saw will be by zone, at cost and directly invoiced to the customer, that way there is not arguments over shipping of large items

but that said alot of this is down to shipping cost at teh time of delivery??, still under investiation

i have a possible deal in the pipeline selling high quality German made Power tools but that just between you and me

all the best

Hey guys.

Sad to see Lyndhurst gone. I live in France and bought 3 machines from them (working great) including the T30. I was wondering if anyone here has an idea of where to find a replacement riving knife that would fit (will check with Laguna in the US). The original riving knife goes higher than the blade and has a blade guard attached, preventing non-through cuts. I'd like to be able to switch to a shorter one.

Thanks.

I have been using a 10" Startrite just like the one that Moose posted. It is a school saw, I have been using it for 37 years and it is a bit older than that. The fence is poor, but I can live with it. It is flat and cuts square, what more do you want? My outlaws live in Avebury.

Hi ciscoeuk

If you need any advice on the freight forwarding front, I'd be happy to pass along a few contacts for you, I have worked for a small Freight Forwarder for the past 23years as a Warehouse Manager.
We now tend to concentrate on the UK side of things now ie Storage and distribution, but we have very reliable contacts in this industry, both in the UK and in Hong Kong/China.

Good luck in your venture :wink:

Andy

Creampuff":2gty7dp4 said:
Hi ciscoeuk

If you need any advice on the freight forwarding front, I'd be happy to pass along a few contacts for you, I have worked for a small Freight Forwarder for the past 23years as a Warehouse Manager.
We now tend to concentrate on the UK side of things now ie Storage and distribution, but we have very reliable contacts in this industry, both in the UK and in Hong Kong/China.

Good luck in your venture :wink:

Andy

hi andy

thanks, all help greatly aprecheated, looking to import from USA and china, area, at present certain things looking good for the site but i still in negs with a few people

so if you would pass on any details please pm me, i am looking for a UK wide shipping company

all the best , HNY

jorgoz":548n57np said:
What about PSI tempest cyclone dust collectors ?

I second this. If you can import a fairly priced cyclone I would be first in the cue.

As for my Woodpeckers link, I did not mean that you should import everything (as in YOUR Screwfix nuts and bolts jibe :wink: ), I just meant that their are a fair few things on there that we cannot get, or easily get over here. For instance I would buy one of their router table tops that specially fit the Incra LS positioners.
And ever if we can get the product over here often they have a much better choice and/or quality.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":3vcm92ng said:
jorgoz":3vcm92ng said:

I second this. If you can import a fairly priced cyclone I would be first in the cue.

As for my Woodpeckers link, I did not mean that you should import everything (as in YOUR Screwfix nuts and bolts jibe :wink: ), I just meant that their are a fair few things on there that we cannot get, or easily get over here. For instance I would buy one of their router table tops that specially fit the Incra LS positioners.
And ever if we can get the product over here often they have a much better choice and/or quality.

Cheers

Mike

For instance I would buy one of their router table tops that specially fit the Incra LS positioners

don't rutlands do incra stuff?

thanks mike

if you all could list what you want i will attempt source it,

please be aware that large item will take longer to source and deliver as i don't have the space at present to stock everything, but willing to source what you need if requested and pay upfront!

all the best

I can only wish you good luck in your endeavour. American equipment is sparse over here, the Chinese equipment may be value for money, If you can ensure it's quality, it should sell.

ciscoeuk":1arftfgm said:
Mike.C":1arftfgm said:
jorgoz":1arftfgm said:

Cheers

Mike

For instance I would buy one of their router table tops that specially fit the Incra LS positioners

don't rutlands do incra stuff?

thanks mike

if you all could list what you want i will attempt source it,

please be aware that large item will take longer to source and deliver as i don't have the space at present to stock everything, but willing to source what you need if requested and pay upfront!

all the best

Yeah Rutlands do sell Incra stuff, but I already have the LS positioner. I was saying that if I had the chance to buy one of their ready made for the LS Phenolic router table tops I would.
On a number of occasions I have already bought quite a few things direct from Woodpeckers, but the weight of one of these tops would send the shipping charges sky high from the US.

It is probably better if I wait until you get more established (have more space to store things and contacts in other countries) before I place any orders.

Good luck with your venture.

Cheers

Mike

Mike Wingate":un9dssc2 said:
I can only wish you good luck in your endeavour. American equipment is sparse over here, the Chinese equipment may be value for money, If you can ensure it's quality, it should sell.

theres a hole in this country, its called American Tools,

ideas of what people want please post details and websites

Mike.C":1cmears0 said:
It is probably better if I wait until you get more established (have more space to store things and contacts in other countries) before I place any orders.

Cheers

Mike

thanks

got a pic of the LS Phenolic router table tops i will have a look

Mike.C":3jugcld2 said:
ciscoeuk":3jugcld2 said:
Mike.C":3jugcld2 said:

Cheers

Mike

thanks

got a pic of the LS Phenolic router table tops i will have a look

Here are mate

http://www.woodpeck.com/rt2743.html

http://www.woodpeck.com/rt2732.html

http://www.woodpeck.com/rt2432p.html

Cheers

Mike

Mike.

Take a look at the new items on the Rutlands site, they now do Woodpecker router table tops, expencive, but all pre drilled for the LS Positioner

Andy

Back