Harp Stool Mechansim

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Friends,
We've just bought my daughter a mahogany harp and I'd like to make her an adjustable stool to match as well as a music stand (Chris Beckvoort's www site has some very nice ones to inspire me)

A question does anyone know of a plan for a music stool mechanism (to higher and lower the seat) or any suppliers of the mechanism??

Andy, try the big IKEA store they had some stools with iirc 1" wooden screw threaded seat on a 4 legged stool base.The height adjusted from 18" to 24" [ :oops: ] cannot recall the full range sorry.

I wanted to buy a few just for the threaded part to make a ROUBO style vice.

HS sweating on a recycled floor in OF :D

Your daughter sure is a lucky one - my Dad is a musician and knows of a number of harpists, one of whom has just spent (let's just say more than a normal car) on one from Germany...
Don't forget you'll need an estate car if she goes pro ;)

Back on topic:

Assuming that a harp stool is similar to what keyboard players use when in studios, you could crib some ideas from these:
Quik%20Lok%20Bench%20BX9%20Large%20Picture.jpg

Normally I'd resize but for detail:
keb-a20.jpg

Or were you after this type?
Adjustable%20Stool%20Woodhouse%20MS-601R%20Large%20Picture.jpg

Solo%20Adjustable%20Stool%20Woodhouse%20MS-601%20Large%20Picture.jpg

All the best,

Sam

Thanks Nick - exactly what I was looking for

I did see the prices in the shop of the Orchestra versions between 25,000 and 50,000 euros :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Luckily our second hand one was no where near that price as when you begin you do not need a fully featured one (and when your 7 you could not even reach the strings on the big uns - Pedal Harps)

see http://www.salviharps.com
We bought a second hand Lever Harp

I think I'd better start saving :(

Back