Harley D plaque

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonluv

Established Member
Reaction score
Not quite finished needs a bit of touching up a polishing, have heard a lot about aerosol varnish may try it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 817
Love it! had a couple of HD's in the past a 1340cc Glide and a horrible 1980 1000cc Sturgis in black that shook itself to bits!
What woodstain did you use for the orange? I use Bolgers and seems to work fine.

A nice piece of work. Always liked motor bikes but the biggest I ever owned was a BSA phantom.
Thanks for showing
Sam

Nice plaque. Another ex-Harley owner here - 1975 FXE SuperGlide. Took the end of my finger off in the primary chain while doing some maintenance. Ouch.

Sam, I'm guessing you meant Bantam, unless there's been a Beezer that escaped my notice.

Lovely work.
Be careful with aerosol varnish, some will 'tint' your work, I have used crystal clear spray which you can buy easily, think it is rustoleum, it comes in gloss, semi gloss and matte

Many thanks I will try the clear spray--- the tint I used was a Liberon stain , bought it many years ago when I was making lots of Penguins and Chick Intarsia/ segmentation had been using Paduk but the colour was just not right
John

Back