Hard woods

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Hughes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, me again,
I have looked around my area, Wrexham, for a supplier of various hardwoods but all I seem to come across is your ordinary softwoods etc, any advice on this, do I have to order through a nationwide supplier in large quantities?

Pete

There must be a local portable bandmill outfit who cut up and store, we have several in this area, of course the seasoning will vary but is the best way to buy, and of course is more eco friendly as most are windfalls or would have been converted to fuel.

I think you might find Roger Haydock have a very limited supply and what they do have will be quite pricy, that's if the one here in Colwyn Bay is anything to go by.

I believe that Mostyn Estates have some woods in or near Holywell and they sell wood from them, mostly green oak I think.

You could also try Woodsaver on 01352 840239 or 07734 282064. You could check out their website at http://www.woodsaver.co.uk

Also Arboreal Inspiration on 01745 353925 or 07775 591979. They also have a website at www.arborealinspiration.co.uk although it was down when I just checked.

I haven't personally used any of the above but they will be worth a try. The last two were exhibiting at the the recent Woodfest in St. Asaph.

I have used Dave Hoyle is Llangernyw a few times and he is always very helpful and, I think, reasonably priced. His phone numbers are 01745 860376 or 07880 760804.

regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back