Hard wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RorieT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just a quick question… where do you guys buy nice wood from? All timber yards near me do graded timber and perhaps some oak skirtings if your lucky….I am looking for a load of variety!

I have been looking online, but not having too much luck!

Have you tried James Latham Timber ? They have a depot here;
James Latham Scotland
Pharos, Brittain Way
Eurocentral
Lanarkshire
ML1 4XJ

They have a good range and good prices. I use the depot at Gateshead. Being new here I can't post links but check out their website

Slightly oblique idea, but well worth considering as a source of more interesting timbers: how about getting to know one or two tree surgeons, or landowners, in your area - they often have one or two interesting specimens which might otherwise end up as firewood?

Cheers, W2S

PS This website might be of interest: http://www.woodnet.org.uk/woodlots/

try lanarkshire hardwood between Carstairs junction and Livingston

Try Robinson Sawmills near Edinburgh [email protected] 07832 106156. I know he does hardwoods and is happy to organise carriage. Think he kilns as well if that's of interest.

Yes Jon does saw and kiln dry his own timber. Very busy guy. Will stick stuff on a pallet for delivery as well.
If you have the time and space have you considered milling up logs yourself with an alaskan mill and drying them as well?

Mike

RorieT":2082pvdn said:
Hi folks,

Just a quick question… where do you guys buy nice wood from? All timber yards near me do graded timber and perhaps some oak skirtings if your lucky….I am looking for a load of variety!

I have been looking online, but not having too much luck!

These guys have some nice interesting timber and do mail order:

http://www.exotichardwoodsukltd.com/

Latest posts

Back