Hancock's Half Hour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Kev.":1rflfcz8 said:
... The country was caught unprepared because no govt. of any political colour is prepared to sink money into providing for something that might happen one day but hopefully not in this parliament and there are no votes in it anyway.....

Jeez...go and read my post a few pages back that highlighted (A) How Germany got things right and (B) How we monumentally cocked up. Nothing AT ALL to do with 'sinking money'.

I wonder if an old person (boomer) will ever dare lecture a millenial or younger again about how entitled their generation is? :-k

Rorschach":3mpjatwl said:
I wonder if an old person (boomer) will ever dare lecture a millenial or younger again about how entitled their generation is? :-k

Two days without internet, but I'm back! I think you will find the boomers are fully entitled to lecture everyone about everything, specially about how not to rape and pillage your way through limited resources, destroy environments, and generally live way beyond your means using debt instead of capital. They have earned the right, obviously.

worn thumbs":3mpjatwl said:
Lets not confuse Niall Ferguson the historian with Neil Ferguson the epidemiologist.
Whilst you may not, apparently I did! My bad. :oops:

RogerS":3mpjatwl said:
As far as TN is concerned, they might as well be the same
tenor.gif

Rorschach":1mc5j9s4 said:

Your parents must have been really horrible people to cause you to hate older folks so much.

lurker":3mdtqs4m said:
Rorschach":3mdtqs4m said:

Your parents must have been really horrible people to cause you to hate older folks so much.

Not all, just a select few who like to lecture the younger generations.

My mother is good person and I had wonderful grandparents who I dearly miss.

No wonder Test and Trace is a CoS...just seen who is in charge. pointything Harding...failed CEO of TalkTalk..her grasp of anything technical is laughable.

Rorschach":2gyss0ag said:

Rorschach I'd respectfully suggest you read many of your own posts and realise that it is you doing the lecturing, perhaps you need to practice what you preach. :)

No father mentioned?
Genuine question not intended to provoke a reaction so don't answer that if it's too personal.

I know how you feel about your grandparents, my paternal grandmother was a bit of a witch but grandfather was amazing and I was devastated at his death when I was 17, never knew my maternal grandparents.

Lons":2z9fx2zt said:
Rorschach":2z9fx2zt said:

Rorschach I'd respectfully suggest you read many of your own posts and realise that it is you doing the lecturing, perhaps you need to practice what you preach. :)

No father mentioned?
Genuine question not intended to provoke a reaction so don't answer that if it's too personal.

I know how you feel about your grandparents, my paternal grandmother was a bit of a witch but grandfather was amazing and I was devastated at his death when I was 17, never knew my maternal grandparents.

Justified lecturing I think after some of the posts I have seen here over the years from the older generation, not mentioning any names :wink: :lol:

Bit more of a complicated story with my father. He wasn't intentionally a bad man but he was misguided in a lot of ways and suffered terribly with PTSD from a long military career with plenty of active service.

Rorschach":35cm4ukq said:
Bit more of a complicated story with my father. He wasn't intentionally a bad man but he was misguided in a lot of ways and suffered terribly with PTSD from a long military career with plenty of active service.

Sorry to hear that. You can choose your friends but unfortunately not your family!

Chris152":33kscvfu said:
This doesn't make for particularly happy reading, but maybe worth a look and think:
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/06/03/ ... ebXyFcYpBI

Sobering indeed. I wonder when the article was written (as opposed to published)? His information is out of date in several areas regarding re-infection (no observed cases) and antibody response.

Latest thinking is that up to 80% of the population is naturally immune or effectively not susceptible to catching the virus. Not only is herd immunity therefore the best response, it is the only the response and we are almost there as the vast majority of the susceptible population has already caught it. This is why countries that suffered at the beginning are now opening up with little to no increase in new infections.

Chris152":2lqqf0lj said:
This doesn't make for particularly happy reading, but maybe worth a look and think:
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2020/06/03/ ... ebXyFcYpBI

That makes sobering reading. I appreciate you taking the time to actually quote the link so we can read it for ourselves.

Others here continually make sweeping statements without any reference to any sources.

Rorschach":1cmw3p6b said:
selectortone":1cmw3p6b said:
Rorschach":1cmw3p6b said:
Latest thinking is that up to 80% of the population is naturally immune or effectively not susceptible to catching the virus.

Source please.

Plenty of videos linked previously but no-one seemed to want to watch them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOFeVIrOPg
mr trump had a hunch it wasn't going to be so bad, too. but what do you think is the reason the rest of the developed world's not working with the 80% theory?

Chris152":1eam731j said:
mr trump had a hunch it wasn't going to be so bad, too. but what do you think is the reason the rest of the developed world's not working with the 80% argument?

This isn't the fatuous oaf that the American people deigned to be their leader talking, these videos are interviews with scientists. Please don't comment unless you have watched the video and have suitable sources to discredit their findings.

Rorschach":x747rvwa said:
Chris152":x747rvwa said:
mr trump had a hunch it wasn't going to be so bad, too. but what do you think is the reason the rest of the developed world's not working with the 80% argument?

This isn't the fatuous oaf that the American people deigned to be their leader talking, these videos are interviews with scientists. Please don't comment unless you have watched the video and have suitable sources to discredit their findings.
ha. i asked a question in the second sentence. why do you think the rest of the developed world isn't working on the 80% theory?

It's a recent theory only come to light due to analysis the death data. Unimportant for the past, it's too late we have done the damage, but very important for what we do going forward. If 80% are basically unaffected that means C19 becomes an irrelevance for the vast majority of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back