Hancock's Half Hour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris152":1c6v44u4 said:
Rorschach":1c6v44u4 said:
Chris152":1c6v44u4 said:
mr trump had a hunch it wasn't going to be so bad, too. but what do you think is the reason the rest of the developed world's not working with the 80% argument?

This isn't the fatuous oaf that the American people deigned to be their leader talking, these videos are interviews with scientists. Please don't comment unless you have watched the video and have suitable sources to discredit their findings.
ha. i asked a question in the second sentence. why do you think the rest of the developed world isn't working on the 80% theory?

Chris, I think the phrase you're looking for is 'confirmation bias'. Applies to 'well-researched' Youtube videos.

Rorschach":3o49jpyi said:
selectortone":3o49jpyi said:
Rorschach":3o49jpyi said:
Latest thinking is that up to 80% of the population is naturally immune or effectively not susceptible to catching the virus.

Source please.

Plenty of videos linked previously but no-one seemed to want to watch them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOFeVIrOPg

'Latest thinking' is quite a sweeping statement. I was hoping for an authoritative source, like the WHO for example, not some bloke on a YouTube video.

selectortone":18nzrka3 said:
'Latest thinking' is quite a sweeping statement. I was hoping for an authoritative source, like the WHO for example, not some bloke on a YouTube video.

Don't hold your breath, sweeping statements are the nature of his signature phrase just check back on some earlier posts. :wink:

selectortone":2njslnky said:

"Some bloke", I am sure he would love to hear that. :roll:
The scientists interviewed on that channel are some of the best in their fields, not some bloke on a forum saying "I don't like the sound of that as it would mean I might have been hoodwinked by the government into giving up my liberties for no reason so instead I'll call the person some bloke on youtube and thus my ego is restored"

The WHO haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently, they literally had one job to do and they have failed miserably and actually praised a dictatorship for they handled it.

Rorschach":2sqr79gq said:
selectortone":2sqr79gq said:

"Some bloke", I am sure he would love to hear that. :roll:
The scientists interviewed on that channel are some of the best in their fields, not some bloke on a forum saying "I don't like the sound of that as it would mean I might have been hoodwinked by the government into giving up my liberties for no reason so instead I'll call the person some bloke on youtube and thus my ego is restored"

The WHO haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently, they literally had one job to do and they have failed miserably and actually praised a dictatorship for they handled it.

Hoodwinked by the government? That's quite an assumption to make considering you don't know me from Adam.

selectortone":kjwvln2l said:
Hoodwinked by the government? That's quite an assumption to make considering you don't know me from Adam.

Do you agree with the lock down?

I keep listening to the news, reading stuff from boffs on SAGE and all that, and none of them seem to be talking about this 80% thing. Have they just failed to notice the youtube vids you're watching Rorschach? Or are the opinions expressed in those vids marginal? Which doesn't make them wrong of course, and it's good other experts are exploring possible understandings of the virus. But why would you elect to believe them over what seems to be the dominant understanding among experts on this virus? Do you know something the rest of us punters don't?

Chris152":29ve5czj said:
....But why would you elect to believe them over what seems to be the dominant understanding among experts on this virus? ...

Confirmation bias. Just keep Googling until you find something that supports your own opinion and then claim it as 'latest thinking'.

Did you know that Lord Lucan had dinner with Elvis last night ? I'm sure if I Google hard enough I will find an 'authoritative source'.

Do you think the MSM would allow that to be broadcast if it is indeed true?

The use of "MSM" is a sign you've lost it, never mind the rest of that sentence.

RogerS":28isax1d said:
Chris152":28isax1d said:
....But why would you elect to believe them over what seems to be the dominant understanding among experts on this virus? ...

Confirmation bias. Just keep Googling until you find something that supports your own opinion and then claim it as 'latest thinking'.

Did you know that Lord Lucan had dinner with Elvis last night ? I'm sure if I Google hard enough I will find an 'authoritative source'.

Is the intention to close down debate and stop anyone questioning the official narrative by ridiculing all who don't agree with your viewpoint?

Or are you just unnecessarily rude?

Phil Pascoe":1gff8qt5 said:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12338052

NZ's made a move. (Sent by my sister, a Kiwi.)

I am glad for the people of NZ that they will be returning to something akin to normality soon. It still begs the question though, what now for the country as a whole. Their paranoia about C19 will keep them isolated for months, if not years now.

Trainee neophyte":24ljn6p6 said:
Is the intention to close down debate and stop anyone questioning the official narrative by ridiculing all who don't agree with your viewpoint?

Or are you just unnecessarily rude?

People who know/are worried they are wrong or are terrified of realising that they may have bought into a lie always do this.

Ain't it funny how this is following the brexit thread.
Majority attack the minority in quite a vicious manner. All sources are disbelieved by the oppo.
That doesn't mean I know who's right and wrong.
I suspect at this stage no one does yet the attackers seem convinced they do know.
Pleasantness has gone, rationality has gone, manners have gone, respect to fellow members has gone.

As you were, it's interesting human behaviour.
What should follow now is a mild attack on me .................

Chris152":3nq0c70v said:
Exaggerating the problem somewhat I think, Bob.

I think if you asked the 2 main opposition guys they would disagree.

Trainee neophyte":3cqoosvc said:
Is the intention to close down debate .....

But it isn't a debate. Take this post quoted from Rorschach ...

Latest thinking is that up to 80% of the population is naturally immune or effectively not susceptible to catching the virus.....

Now compare that with this ..

One interesting alternative viewpoint which suggests that 80% of the population is naturally immune is put forward by Professor Karl Friston in this Youtube interview.

The first is a statement, brooks no dissent, brooks no debate.

The second suggests an alternative view and invites you explore further with the Youtube link. It invites discussion and debate.

Do you not see the difference ?

As for Doctor Bobbles little snide dig...a bit rich from one who made a post that seemed to suggest that it was acceptable for more people to die if it meant no lockdown but when asked to debate this further was 'too busy' and 'you're being confrontational'. Not too busy to keep popping in to make these sly digs.

Mods.....please...hasn't this thread run its course and time to be locked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back