Hammer Veneering by Colin C

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colin and Dom, that was excellent =D> =D> =D> You can read about it as much as you like, but nothing beats seeing it done. Many, many thanks.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Excellent 8) .

You obviously put a lot of effort into making the video and it shows. Thank you very much for making it available.

Gill

Thank you, but Colin was the Maestro, he can't offer his thanks at the moment because his computer is playing up, but I'm sure he will find a way.
If you have any questions i.e. how do you mix the glue :oops: either post and I will pass them on or p.m him and he will reply when he's back on line

Dom

Hi All
Thanks and I am glad you all enjoyed it as it was fun to make ( Thank you Dom for that as one of my brothers died a few days ago )

It and Dom made it much easier to deal with.

I will also doing a veneering demo at Nick's bash for all to try that are there, so it should be fun.

My computer is still out of action at the moment but I am using a friends at the moment but I hope to get it up and running soon :roll: :wink:

My condolences to you and your family, Colin. It must be a very difficult time and it's all the more admirable that you've been able to produce such a sterling tutorial.

Is there any way it can be downloaded? I'd like to have a copy to hand if at all possible.

Gill

Hi Gill

I am not sure if it can be downloaded but when I get my computer back up.
I will try to put it on one of the download sites for all that want it.

I have to say that Dom has had it a lot easier.

Easier !What do you mean easier. I had to listen to you whinging about the wrong make up, then you couldn't work with "these lights", then the acoustics were all wrong and finally " I want sparkling not still water".

Huh, bloody Diva.

:D

Dom

Well done Colin! very informative. What a great idea to set up a video of how to carry out this technique. Pictures say so much more than words ever can. Nice camera work Dom, you showed the technique from all of the right angles. Liked the added gloat with the Felders in the background :lol:
Look forward to some more! Especially the one on French Polishing!

Sorry to hear of your loss Colin, my condolences to you and your family.

Colin, so sorry to hear about your brother; thank you (and your director/soundman/producer/editor) for doing the video nevertheless. Very interesting and inspiring - not to say encouraging that my old habit of using scissors for rough cutting of veneer isn't something of which to be ashamed :oops: When you've a moment, some more detail about your veneer saw would be good.

Cheers, Alf

Colin/Dom, if you feel like doing some more inspirational stuff, a video on finishing the veneered panel, like scraping, dealing with the delicate edge of the veneer, polishing and stuff like that, would be equally interesting :)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Back